NFL Draft '09: Pick #130 - Gerald McRath, LB, Southern Miss

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With pick #130 of the 2009 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans have selected LB Gerald McRath from Southern Miss. McRath is an undersized middle linebacker who packs a lot of punch behind his hits, but much like former USM standout Michael Boley (Giants), the junior's cat-like quickness could see him shift to weak-side outside linebacker in the National Football League. He could have returned to the university in 2009 as a sixth-year player, but having already graduated with a degree in Sports Administration, he decided to test his skills at the next level and declared for the 2009 NFL Draft.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Has amazing stats. Plays really well in zone coverage.

3. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

I love this guy. I go to USM, where he played, and I've watched him through most of his career. He was very very productive in college and he can play ILB and OLB. I believe he was one of the top 5 fastest linebackers at the combine. If he's going to play a lot of ILB for us, he's going to have to bulk up and add some weight though. He plays with a TON of heart and was a real team leader for USM.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

seems like a Tulloch clone.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Much faster than Stephen, actually.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

this was our best pick so far.

two scenarios with this pick; mcrath plays WLB in 2010 and tulloch stays in the middle or we don't value tulloch as much as he thinks he's worth, bulluck gets a new deal and mcrath gets bigger and plays in the middle.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Absolutely awesome pick 2nd round value in the 4th.

One of the fastest linebackers at the combine and could potentially start on the outside.

8. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

I think Gerald definitely has the ability to be a starter at OLB in a year or two and can contribute on Special Teams from day 1.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

MR has just blown my mind with this draft. Well done, good sir.

10. jjay2518

jjay2518 Camp Fodder

I could see him being a replacement for Bulluck down the road.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar