NFL Draft '07: Pick #80 - Fresno State WR Paul Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We took one sure pick, then took a couple of fliers. Henry could seriously pay off, and so could Williams. It's going to be fist-fight at receiver in camp. And Henry is going to be on LenDale's butt.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I hear what you are saying, and I agree with you. But even the most optimistic person had to be scratching their heads after some of the Titans picks today.

3. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I second that. Nothing we can do about it anway. Griffin looks like he could be what we were looking for at S. I'm gonna give it some time.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Takes a while to shake off the disappointment, but I seem to get slightly better about it every year. I'm proud of myself.

I'm starting the day two thread in the draft section now.

5. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Plus, we tend to grade drafts as if the best is the one with the most names (i.e., that all of them are going to play). When in truth, one or two starters is about as good as it gets.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Look at it this way last few years we have had drafts where we rated highly, everyone loved all the picks and (with the exception of some) they have mostly been bust drafts.

Might need a terrible prima facie draft to get a good one.

7. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Two pretty good guys that we had a chance at DEs Quintin Moses and Charles Johnson from UGA... why didn't we draft one of them? We NEED help at DE and that is what is so puzzling to me. Yeah, we needed a RB, but most of the analysts said that Henry would have still been there in the 3rd. I could have easily seen that happening. We could have gotten Moses in the 2nd, Henry in the 3rd, and Williams may have still been there in the 4th. If not, I can't imagine that there would have been no more WRs at Williams' level in the 4th. If they rated the day one draft picks, I could see the Titans at a high 20's... The Browns would have to get #1, IMO. COME ON! We need D linemen!

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

are these the same analysts who constantly get mock drafts and ratings wrong?

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Without reading the posts...just seeing this thread title...I thought "hey, at least we got a WR named Williams.."

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

If we would have taken Charles Johnson round 3 I would be very happy right now. Instead we took a raw WR who isn't a very motivated individual and is an underacheiver. Williams would have been there later............man I'm not happy with MR ann Fisher at all right now. Griffin and Henry were pretty good picks but Williams just brought our draft down a whole grade. Aundrea Allison would have made more sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar