NFL Draft '07: Pick #80 - Fresno State WR Paul Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. well i mean just how he carries himself and all, just reminds me of him, like a poor mans TO

2. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

I think Paul Williams is a great pick and I really hope he pans out and develops to his potential. If he didn't get injured his senior year and the Bulldogs QBs didn't have so many issues no one would be complaining about the pick as he would have went late first early second. As it is, he has incredicble potential and drive.

He's a truly phenomenal athlete, I played against him in High School and covered him when I was a senior and he was a Freshman. Truly unbelievable and was a great guy at the time also.

When I look at everything that has happened to him I am just very impressed. His closest older brother(Curtis) gets parallelized in a football game in Paul's junior year of high school Both his parents dying within four months of each other in late 2003. You gotta respect his ability to deal with what life has thrown at him and continue to grow and develop and work hard.

Hey, he's got the blood for it. Brother J.D. was the 16th pick in the first round by Buffalo and played in 4 superbowls. Curtis started safety his Junior and Senior year for Washington before he was parallelized and also had NFL potential.

The question is: do you believe Paul's junior year is reflective of his talent and that's what he would have done in his Senior year if he didn't get hurt and have QB issues, or do you believe his junior year was a fluke and he won't live up to his potential. If the first, then you got a late first/second round pick in the third. If the second, then he probably should have went in the 4th or later, but someone was going to draft him in the third for his incredible potential.

So don't give up on Paul Williams yet, he's had injury problems but if he stays healthy he can be an incredible receiver. Can't wait to see what happens.

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Another Calico cat.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gee thanks gunny..

You mean out of 100 negative comments about the guy sucking in college one person other than myself bothered to take a look at his whole career. Information on the internet is only a few clicks away.

By the way i don't do the chat thing. I prefer this format.

It would be silly for any poster to say we need more speed at WR and then bash this pick.

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

No. You have to add me into that list because im the one who found the video.:grrhee:

6. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

He wasn't 100% in his senior year, but he's still a good WR. Here at Fresno State he was our WR. When you have an injury and a QB that can't throw over 1500 yards, he can't be totally at blame. He's pretty fast, and will take a hit (Senior Bowl got half his jersey ripped off on a hit from Merriweather). I have high hopes for him, since we didn't get one of the top rated WR.

7. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Great, the ego of TO minus the skills

just what we need :hmm:

8. TO and Paul got drafted in the same round, so it seems like their skills are equivilent comming out of college

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

comparin this guy to TO huh....interesting

good b/c lets face it he's one of teh best.....no question

bad....ppl starting askin donovan who......hmm....vince who? .....cant hv that

10. dude, no one is ever going to be like vince who when u are talking about the titans... its impossible

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar