NFL Draft '07: Pick #50 - Arizona RB Chris Henry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

SUMMARY: "When I went to work the guy out I knew that his personal workout was not equal to what you saw on film, so there has to be a reason why," said RB Coach Sherman Smith. "As Jeff said, we did our homework, talking to the coaching staff there, talking to other people. As I related to the coaches, quite clearly, the kid had the ability; it was the system that kept him from being productive. As we worked him out you could see the power, the explosion, the quickness, and the hands. Man how come you’re not playing? So I talked to the strength coach and the strength coach laid it out real clear. He said this kid put up with a lot the past three years. He kept it together. He worked hard in practice. When he got an opportunity, he did the best he could, but it was a system in which he really had to endure some hardships."

This sounds at least a little promising

2. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

With his workout, he would have definately been drafted..

There's a reason you're not an NFL scout :shake:

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Very confused by this pick. Strangest quote was fish saying they considered him with the first round pick. wtf??? Hopefully they saw something that we'll see on the field. If we are able to hold up a solid run game with White and Henry this season, I'll admit that they just know more than we do. But right now, it's hard to understand.

I hope we have some kind of plan to upgrade DE at some point.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

"A junior from Arizona, Chris Henry, came out of nowhere to take the title as the fastest running back in this year's combine. Posting the two best times of the day at 4.37 and 4.38 in the 40 yard dash, Henry made himself a lot of money by demonstrating his combination of size (230lbs) and speed (sub 4.4 40). Scouts don't know which Henry to expect on the field, the phenom (212 total yards @ Oregon) or the marginal football player (-4 rushing yards vs. USC). I project a team to pick up Henry in the 3rd-5th round as a special teams expert."

an enigma ?

5. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

BS. We should've taken Bush. All bush is good.

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

You cant even say Bush will be able to run hard or full speed yet bc of his leg, sure you really want him??

7. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

70's Bush?

8. dgood

dgood Guest

I think that Henry is a great choice, and that he will thrive in the back with White.....

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Apr. 28, 2007 - 8:13 p.m. ET

Titans selected Arizona RB Chris Henry with the No. 50 pick in the NFL Draft.

Henry has possibly the best computer numbers of any back in the draft but we are shocked the Titans would invest a second-round pick in a straight-line track athlete. It is better for LenDale White than Michael Turner would've been. It now appears Turner is headed to Green Bay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar