NFL Draft '07: Pick #50 - Arizona RB Chris Henry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yea, if we took him in the first that would be a serious mistake, because now we have our saftey who is gonna be a complete stud

2. MrTitan

MrTitan Guest

Its interesting that henry came from the same school as mike bell of the broncos came from last year...both of them was under the radar, bell didnt produce much at arizona but was productive for the broncos last year and was one of the reasons tatum bell was traded this year to the lions, he and travis henry will be splitting carries this year in denver...so i think he may end up being better than alot of people think...did we draft him maybe too high..maybe but i think him and lendale white (once he gets in shape) splitting carries this year will be a good combo.

3. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

Mike Bell isn't necessarily a good measuring stick because of the blocking scheme in Denver, but I certainly see what fisher and MR saw(just not necessarily in the second round).

4. MrTitan

MrTitan Guest

im just making the point we cant go by that he wasnt productive in college, i think the arizona football program just has alot of issues. You can put willie parker of the steelers in the same category, again was not productive in college now a pro bowl back because north carolina football program had some issues. I think he will have a good rookie year barring injury he has good skills, better skills than chris brown had comming out of college IMO.

5. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

I agree

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Willie Parker looked good in college, his coaches just wouldn't let him play. The fans knew the talent was there though. I honestly wonder how many AZ fans are actually laughing at us for picking this guy up in the 2nd.

7. Terrell Davis wasn't productive in college. Neither was Willie Parker. It's not a death sentence.

And on the flip side, tons of great college RBs have been complete busts in the NFL. So you never really know...

8. And at the end of his career, when he finally got to start the last 4 games, Henry was pretty good (380 yards and 6 TDs rushing).

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

That's just what I thought when watching his highlights again. Not that he'll be anything like Ricky production wise, but we can hope.

But just to throw in some optimism, good backs can have bad #'s. Ricky had a few years with mid 3's in ypc. LT did. Travis Henry did. I'm sure there's plenty more, just a few off the top of my head.

Yes, after a day to ponder, I'm putting a homer spin on everything form here on out :clown:

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, I'm trying to. I was cool with the thought of Ginn and his homerun ability, so why not with this guy? Guess I can't be a total hypocrite. As always, I'll hope for the best. It worked with Vince.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar