NFL does Antonio Smith a Favor

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I was about to say the same thing. Richie Incognito is a giant piece of shat. If it had been anyone else Antonio would have gotten more.

In fact, I have inside info this is what Roger said to Antonio Smith:

"First off I want to thank you for drilling that giant douche bag. It must have felt really good to take a swing at him! Too bad you did not knock him out eh?

Now, you know for appearances I am going to have to hand out some sort of punishment. I will keep it to 1 regular season game. And to make up for it I will suspend you for the rest of the preseason.

Again, on behalf of a grateful NFL I want to thank you and wish you all the success this year in Tennessee."

:sarcasm:

2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Damn, first I'm seeing this. Connected or not, that's worth more than 2 preseason games and a real game. That's brutal and incredibly dangerous.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This is almost on par with Haynesworth's curb stomp.

Still shocked he only got a 5 game suspension for that... and we have Von Miller getting 6 games for using drugs. Makes sense.

If Gurode had pressed charges, Fat Al could be in prison.

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

If he had connected, then he should've been banned 'indefinitley' Greg Williams style. Maybe let him back in a year, but that could've been very bad. I think he deserves more than 1 game just for trying.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

what do you mean if it had connected? the intent was there, thats all you need. goodell shown his true colors.

6. Thaddeus43

I agree, I think he should be punished much more severely for even attempting it.

But I guess if you probably wouldn't get suspended if you take a swing at a guy and miss (although thats usually with a hand and they guy is wearing a helmet ... not attacking an unprotected player with a weapon)

Unless of course you are Andre Johnson ... apparently he can jump on someones back, punch them multiple times in the head, and every thinks its okay (still pisses me off)

7. Thaddeus43

I wonder what Goodell would've done if he had connected, and Incognito suffered a concussion? lol

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Can criminal charges come of this? I mean its doubtful, mostly because he didn't hit him in the head, but if he did.........

9. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Exactly, just because you attempt to murder someone but do not succeed in doing so doesn't mean you get off scot free.

This is a slap on the wrist at best. Regardless of how douchey Incognito is.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Offered him a job in the league office when he retires :troll:

He is really douchey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar