NFL Clarifies Pacman Celebration Penalty

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Great job NFL. Nice to change rules during the season.

While you are at it, why not make the guy with the football actually touch the endzone, rather than just break the plane. In league fashion, don't make the rule enforceable until the playoffs.

2. N No
    F Fun
    L League

here we come!

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

to bad he can't get the players to understand that.

4. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Mike Carey and his crew seem to have a beef witth Jeff Fisher and his teams. I think that could be part of the reason that Adam was flagged.

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

well with that the ball is basically a prop- they really need to clarify...

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

I generally approve of the "celebration penalties" that are designed to shut up showboating players.

There are dignified ways to take a bow.
    I don't get the impulse to push the limit of the rule.

Part of the "maturing process" for Pacman should be giving up the little display.

7. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Well.......... if it is equipment, like I said last night, I guess the "Lambeau Leap" is out?!?!?!!!
    (Since it is the back wall of the endzone and is covered in padding equipment.)

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

see, my problem with this whole thing is the league says "dont draw attention to yourself, celebrate with you teammates." the only problem with that is about 5 years ago they took away group celebrations and this year they have cracked down on group demonstrations.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

deion sanders put it best, "lambeau has tradition."

10. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i was about to say the same thing... now dunking on the post is illegal too?
    ... wait... does this rule mean the field is a prop too?!?!? so i guess it's just completely up to the ref's discretion as to what is a penalty and what isn't... technically with this rule every celebration is a penalty because it is done on the field and the field can be considered a prop...

... you know... since if it wasnt there you would fall to the center of the earth and all..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar