NFL Bust: Winston Justice

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by thnom, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I've just watched Winston Justice have an interview with Jim Rome on ESPN Motion and I'm calling him a bust right now. "..I developed a love" came out as if he said it just to make it seem like he loves it. He also said (on the fact that he started playing his sophomore year in highschool) that it was "easy". Now, what happens if his natural talents as an athlete don't call him when he doesn't have proper tecnique? He doesn't have the hard times to look back on, etc. I was reading something about Character issues being the biggest one - lack of love. He also has really high confidence which really does come across as bad arrogance and its like he's just riding his athletisism. "I have more potential", etc. He probably does have more potential than D'Brickashaw but his lack of love and character issues will make him a bust, in my opinion.

2. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

seems like a pretty snappy judgment based on some pretty flimsy evidence . . . maybe you will be right.

3. i dont see how u can really like football if ur a lineman tho, just seems so repetitive and boring if anyone knows what i mean

4. maximus

maximus Starter

the line position is one of the most important positions on the field and can be on of the most complex

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

There is no way he has more potential than D'Brickashaw.

6. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

He does Titans2008. Michael Vick has more potential than Tom Brady; doesn't mean they're gonna fulfill it. A lot of this league is built on upside and on what they COULD do rather than CAN do. Athletisism at the tackle spot gives you upside and he faired better than D'Brickashaw in the agility tests, so he really does have more upside. Some teams prefer the born athletic guys with all the upside where some prefer the techniciations. The ones who aren't born with superior athletisism but who work damn hard at what they do. Sims of Oakland is an example. Its the difference between a LarryFitzgerald and a Troy Williamson or Ashley Lelie.

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I don't see how a RB can like football. All he does is take the ball and run.

I'm a guard, and I love playing guard. Unless you've actually played line, it's hard to understand. I'd rather play line than anyother position. There's nothing like coming off the line, knocking some guy on his ***, and then looking up and seeing your RB sprinting off into the endzone. Or when you pull on a trap play (some of y'all know what I'm talkin about) knock the **** out of a guy that never saw you coming. That's football.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Thought I read he got his stuff straightened out after problems at USC. But ya never know.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

He had a 39 inch vertical vs Brick's 35.5. They had the same 40 time. The only part that Winston did significantly better at was the bench press where he killed Brick in reps 38 to 26. Does that mean Justice has more upside ? I don't think so. I think that means Brick has more. Watch the game film of how Brick manhandled DE's. Now think what he'll be able to do when he packs on some more upper body muscle.

10. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

There's technique involved in there too...I think Justice is still going to go 1-2 round. I think he'll be serviceable, too. Not every line needs a O.Pace to be solid...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar