NFL Breakdown on our run D vs Saints

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rekirts, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Saints Rushing Offense vs. Titans: 27 Carries, 61 Yards, 1 TD

Was a pretty good read. Daquan Jones has slowly played better and better as the season has progressed. Glad to see the coaches recognize that and give him the starting job to start the year. He'll be a great player opposite Casey the next 3 years. Woods was stout as well against the Saints, regularly stood his ground against two blockers, and has had his moments this season. And of course Orakpo and Casey are balling. Morgan solid.

The D is really coming together. I'd like to get a stud ILB and FS eventually but its a good unit already.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Watching the plays Jones really manhandled their RT all game. And Unger for the saints had an awful game, Woods was rarely moved back at all even versus double teams.

3. Meow

Meow Starter

What was impressive to me is they had only 1 running play over 5 yards, they had 2 run plays that were 5 yards and everything else was under. That's solid run D.

4. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

A couple of studs at those two positions would put this defense over the top.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Run D has been picking up the last few games. Going to need them to really step up this week. Keep Cam contained and throwing and the Titans have a real shot at a W.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Good thing they traded Jimmy Graham for him... still a dumb deal IMO

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Dude Jones is a beast, he's really surprised me this year; pleasantly I may add.

8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Our defense has really turned a corner. Would love to see a high pick spent on a CB or FS in the draft though.

I was pumped with the Orakpo signing from the start, was just concerned about his durability. He's been solid for us, loved he fire last game.

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

You guys have not even mentioned Blackson. Dude is doing work.

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Im not sure if you can classify containing QB's as Run D. Its so much more reactionary then classic run D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar