NFL Best Coaches for 2015

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I respect the writer for not letting last years outcomes set the stage for his rankings, was worried Id open that up and read Whiz 30 or worse.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Oh what a relief it is!

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

The way I like to look at Whiz is imagine youre a Madden player, youre probably pretty capable of doing some good things on the sticks, but think of how much more challenging things become when your players ratings drop from 80-85 to 60-65. Fact of the matter was we were simply ravaged by injurers and fielding a college team in the NFL week-13 thru week-17. Chalk 5 of those losses up to not being able to compete. That wont be the case in 2015.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Whis did plenty of things that left me scratching my head last season. But I do think he deserves a fair chance to show what he can do with HIS QB (be it Mett or whoever) and after a year in his system.

Bottom line is we were running some rinky dink 3-4 last year trying to force square pegs into round holes. And Locker pulled a Locker and was unreliable all season long. It was pretty much a recipe for disaster we all should've saw coming.

If things don't improve significantly this season then I say any and all heat he gets is well-deserved.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Whiz is ranked second-last. The only reason he isn't 30th or worse is that the first-year head coaches aren't ranked.

Something something reading comprehension...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

oops thats an important tidbit to notice

8. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

I think Whiz is a tad bit better then we give him credit. He had terrible play calling last season and that does make him terrible.

The one bright side about whiz is his offence is so QB reliant. If you pair a good QB who can consistently make those mid to deep reads on coverage, he offence will be the GOAT. Just like he did with Warner.

He just has no adaptability. He is set in his way just like fisher was.

9. JCBRAVE

Well he's not a Fisher clone, a Fisher clone runs the ball 40 times, kicks 3 FG's and uses a 4-3 defense to win games.

He is similar to Fisher on 4th downs and being stuck in "his" ways. You got that part right. But to be fair, "his" way has produced some productive offenses over the years.

So what if he needs a good QB (every teams does), lets give him that and a good roster then.

10. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

That was the only way I meant he was a Fisher clone. In the way he sticks to his guns no matter if its not working. He kept calling long winded pass plays where receivers needs to run routes 15-20 yards down the field, when clearly our o-line couldn't hold that long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar