Next Year's Offense...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

They must be saying the same thing you're saying, if they're not, fire them now and save us the headaches.

Don't count out Donnie Avery for next year. He was targeted a lot last week.

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I really like our WR core with Britt, but it would be NICE to have some Britt insurance ... we NEED to fix the oline. I would like to see us target a wr, but not until mid-draft, or FA after we have addressed the Oline. The oline is what is really holding this offense back right now, and adding one more WR to an already decent core isn't going to put our offense in the top 10. Now adding some really good Olinemen to our horrible Oline might.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Sadly, I think that's exactly how they feel about the situation and that scares me. Not because I don't believe in Nate or Williams but because we were without Kenny and were almost without Nate too. If (again, God forbid) we're without Nate and Kenny, we are absolutely screwed. Avery, Mariani, Williams and Hawkins cannot get it done on a consistent enough basis. How bad would it suck to finally get the o-line and d-line fixed and then lose both of our top 2 WRs. I'd be sick. The reason I'd love Reggie Wayne is because I think he'd love to stick it to the Colts 2x a year for the next 2 or 3 years. I think he has quite a bit left in the tank.

We have to start shoring up all areas of the team to help safeguard ourselves in case there are injuries to our top players. Dealing with an unforeseen injury to any player sucks but it would suck even worse if it were to happen to a guy like Kenny who's been hurt before and didn't have a plan in place to get along without him.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

My personal favorite setup would be with double TE, but cook split slot with Nate on the weak side and britt strong. We could run alot of double looks on this same formation and still gets the blocking TE in the game so we can switch in and out of plays based on defensive reads. I might have missed it but I don't remember seeing this personel played this year with both cook and Stevens in.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The only reason we can't be successful with Avery, Mariani, Williams and Hawkins is because no one would respect anyone but Williams. They'd completely take him away from us, then we'd be forced to pass to Hawkins or Avery, and I'm thinking they're both gone in 2012. If it comes down to us asking Mariani to be the X or Y, we're doomed. So we better add a capable WR.

I believe Munchak knows the importance of depth though, he filled this seasons team with more than enough talent. Our DB's are deep with skilled players. Even Griffin's backups Anthony Smith and Chris Hawkins filled in very nicely when called on.

Just look at what Munchak is doing now, we just signed more players than any team to future contracts this past Monday. He knows it's a numbers thing. We'll be adding some quality names here soon enough.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I keep hearing this argument that says "we need another WR but need to fix the O-line more." Why do some of you think this is an either/or situation? We can fix both of them, it's not like we have to choose between them.

The list of FA WRs is HUGE along with the talent in this years draft. I think easily the deepest position in the draft. I don't want to sign/draft someone for depth. I want someone who will come in and contribute and push Kenny for the #1 spot. Let's set up Locker to be successful and give him the weapons he needs.

7. pettso

pettso Starter

You can't have the best at every position. If Munchak came to me and asked me if he should use either of the top 2 picks on WR, I would say no. OL and DL should be the first things addressed in the draft. Salary caps make it hard to improve at every position. That being said, I think we should pick up a solid #2 WR in free agency.

Edit: If only Morgan wasn't a dud. :(

8. bigdogtitan

bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

Totally agree we need to work free agency and the draft along with re-signing the productive free agents of our own.Replace the guys how are not producing,or getting their job done.I heard that the CAP will not go up this year,but remain the same as last year.

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Its not that it is an either or situation, but rarely does 1 team get to go out and get all the top FA/draft prospects that they need, and we need more than just an OL and WR, we need some players on D as well. Its just not possible to address all of these positions with top notch FA's and high draft picks. Some of our holes will have to be filled later in the draft and with 2nd tier FA's, so you have to prioritize where you want to make your big moves. I rank our needs like this:

#1 - OL (G/C)
    #2 - DT/DE
    #3 - S
    #4 - WR

The only reason I put WR last is because we have Kenny Britt. I know he tore an ACL, and he has yet to play a 16 game season, but when he is healthy he is good and at least we have him. We don't have an G or C worth anything period. at least we can hope KB stays healthy, there is no hope for our line right now.

So that's why I say we should address some of those other needs 1st, and then look at getting a WR in the mid-rounds. However, if we pick up someone like Bowe I won't complain. :D

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

NO he wont. It will cost them $20 million and they have other needs to fill. They dont have the cap room.

Mario walks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar