Next Year's Offense...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

QB- Locker
    RB- CJ
    WR- Britt, Nate, Damian
    TE- Cook

Locker will be an upgrade over Hasselbeck....CJ can't be any worse next year than he was this year....Nate is getting better and better....Britt will be healthy but will be a question mark....Cook will finally ball out....may have a Jimmy Graham-lite type of season

We HAVE to improve the middle of the O-line....as long as we do that our offense will be scary....really scary....especially with how well Locker looked with his down the field passing....as Bart Scott says, "CAN'T WAIT!"

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea I really like how 2012 could look.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't think we should count on Kenny to be our #1 WR. If he goes down again (God forbid) we will be screwed like we were this year. I think he'd be more deadly if we used him as our #3 and signed a guy like Reggie Wayne or Dwayne Bowe.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

Imagine Kenny being a slot WR. O-M-G WOW, he'd be unstoppable.

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

kenny at slot? wow you guys are fickle... go back to the games he played... he deserves to be number 1

6. JCBRAVE

What are you saying? You think a No.1 can't play slot? Kenny already plays the slot, just part-time.

7. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

sorry, assumed yall meant full time...

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Just because you are placed in the slot doesn't mean you aren't the primary target.

It is all about matchups. Andre Johnson lines up in the slot a bunch.

I like what we have at WR and would rather bolster another position via FA. I'd like to see us draft a guy like Joe Adams. A guy that is a real weapon with the ball in his hands. A guy who can run by you or can catch the bubble screen and take it to the house.

9. pettso

pettso Starter

It would be a colossal mistake if we keep those 3 as our starters at WR and don't add anyone else. I don't think Williams is starter material on a top 10 offense - which is what I'm hoping for next year. He is a great depth guy and he can also take over returning kicks if we decide to drop Mariani (who is useless).

Kenny Britt is injury prone and coming off a torn ACL. Look at how long it took Avery to recover from his (I don't even think he's recovered fully yet). If we force Britt into the #1 role and give him regular snaps, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets re-injured at which point not only does his career come into question but our season will again.

I don't think we need to draft a WR but I think we should definitely bring in another capable vet that's proven they can perform. I doubt we'll spend the money on Wayne/VJax/Colston so I'd be happy with someone like Steve Smith (Eagles) or Brandon Lloyd.

We also need another RB. Not because Harper/Ringer can't be backups to CJ. We need a RB to compete with CJ for the starter spot and rotate them based on the game/situation. The problem there is we have so much money locked up in the RB position already and it'll be hard to justify spending more. I would like to see us pick up Kevin Smith from the Lions and have him & CJ compete for the #1 spot in training camp.

Drop Javon Ringer and Mariani or Hawkins.

Overall, I'm not as optimistic as you guys are. We need a lot of help in multiple places. O-line being the biggest, without a good line, you don't have a good offense. Even at WR/RB we could use some help if we want to break out into a top 10 offense.

10. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

Would be awesome if we could get Tolbert...the dude is a load, would be a good short yardage back, and is a decent pass catcher

Just don't see us doing anything at RB with all the money in CJ...also think the staff will be very content with the WR corps as is...if we sign a WR it'll be a very cheap one

We really need to sign either a dominant Olineman or a DE....MARIO WILLIAMS!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar