Next year is our year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sta-Chisle, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

now that we got room under the cap and the 3 pick i think our team will improve alot. holes that need to be filled will be filled and our team will be much better

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

We can only hope!

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Optimism is great, but I think you'll find that being a realist makes for less disappointment.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

It can't go anywhere but up. 5-11, 4-12...that's 9-23 over two seasons...
    That's abysmal. What's this about having faith in a team that has the potential to be better? Of course I have faith in them to be better but just 8-8 is alot to hope for...10 wins is fantasy territory, that's all I'm saying with the 20-1 stuff.

I will say this...we can have another Pro Bowl QB in Vince Young. I can see the Titans in the Super Bowl in the next 2-5 years. I came out this year posting in preseason for an 11-5 record...good enough for a wildcard behind Division Champ Indy...Oh yeah, I said we were going to beat them once too. Well that didn't happen. Hell, I was saying that Pacman was going to get DROY...I was wrong about that as well.

No one that was pessimistic was ever disappointed. After all of these years my expectations have changed. I used to expect wins. Wins I got. Now, the Titans have got to show me. Show me they can be a winner. Show me.

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I think we could improve pretty quickly. We've always been a running team so fixing the Oline problems should probably come first. If we can land a good Center from free agency and maybe up grade at one of the other spots (maybe B-Hop or Piller) our Oline could be better pretty fast allowing our running game to be better equally as fast. With a good running game we can control the clock and, at least, give ourselves a fighting chance to win games. After Oline we have to get some help at LB and SS.

I think we could honestly be a better than .500 team with the addition of 4 or 5 key players. The question is, do I expect that to actually happen? Time will tell...

6. Woody81

Woody81 Camp Fodder

6-7 is along the lines of what I think we'll do - I'm excited to see our young guys continue to mature. Can't wait 'til we beat teams up again though:))

7. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

To me there are just to many things in the air. We could win 10 games, I don't see how right now. As long as the team is better than last year, anything is better than last year...But when the Steelers went 6-10 and drafted Big Ben, they didn't see themselves competing for the Super Bowl the next two years. But they are doing it. Nobody saw the Patriots coming before they were a "dynasty" either.
    That said, we are a long way off from either of those teams. But we have cap room, a good draft spot, a lot of young guys going into there 2nd, and 3rd years, and most importantly #9. I can't wait for the offseason to really kick off.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I enjoy your posts but I take issue with this comparison. Big Ben was the missing link. Put Ben on the 2005 Titans, even as a sophmore, we still suck. I hate to rain on anyones parade, but I don't think Vince Young can "fix" us just like that. We have major issues at saftey, linebacker and the woeful OL. These need to be addressed, however, blowing our shot to get Young at #3 spot would be a "titanic" mistake. I do have faith that this club will turn around, it will just be a prolonged recovery IMO. The main Key is OL. Fix that and the rest will follow. See Denver Broncos.

9. SteveH

SteveH Starter

I've got a horrible feeling we're not going to take one of the top three in the draft.. don't know why, perhaps reading what Reese has to say.. just a nagging doubt in my mind. No way do we get back in the playoffs..
    Christ what a miserable post.. sorry!

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Relax. Nobody is going to pay the price it would take to get that spot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar