next year another rebuilding year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by zackmann, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zackmann

zackmann Guest

If pacman is indeed off the team next year, I'm starting to think we will have another rebuilding year ahead. I just don't see how we can fill all the holes we have thru the draft and FA if Pacman is indeed gone (thus opening up another hole)...

Let me paint this doomsday scenario for you...

-Pacman is cut or suspended or jailed or whatever, for the whole season...
    -The titans don't sign any CB in Free Agency, instead taking a CB somewhere in the middle or late draft...

The titans 2007 starting secondary is: Hill, Finnegan, Thompson, and Hope...

ugh!!!!

Before Pacman got into trouble (and then more trouble), I really thought we had a shot at more than just a playoff performance.

But if our 2nd best player is in trouble with the law and our new GM fails to score big in the draft and FA along with flubbing the re-signing of Henry, I predict another rebuilding year...

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

If Pacman is gone he'll definitely need to be replaced, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that will shoot the whole season. Sure, we didn't go after Clements, but we could always swing a trade later in the offseason.

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

With Pacman out, we lose our shutdown corner and our PR. Say hello to bad field position...

4. zackmann

zackmann Guest

maybe i'm over-valuing pacman, but I consider him the 2nd most important player on our team behind Vince...

with pacman, I feel we could have a mediocre draft and FA signings and still be a legit contender...

without pacman, it will take a truly magical draft and FA signings to even make the playoffs...

5. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

:werd:

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

zackman, you are concentrating to much on Jones. The Titans need more than a CB. The Titans need a DE, DT, WR, TE...all of those are needs.

7. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i totally agree we have many needs...and adding in a 2nd CB to that list is huge, IMO...

I'm pessimistic about our chances at getting a #1 WR...poor FA market for WR's and i'm not big on 1st round WR's b/c of the history of being a bust (peter king said he counted 2/3 of all 1st round WR's being a bust)...

I'm slightly less pessimistic about our chance at getting another DE b/c I think there are some quality guys to draft with our #19 pick, but if that fails, the FA market for DE's is slim at best...

And let's not forget that the Henry deal might get messed up and we could end up losing him too...

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I still think we take a DE in the 1st round. But who knows what will happen before the draft.

I had forgotten about the Henry situation. White is not ready to be the main RB

9. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I'm not sure we're going to do anything this free agency period. True, we finally have some $$$, but who's left that is worth spending the big bucks on? Truth be told, i think we'll be very quiet concerning free agency. We'll just start the season with a bunch of $$$ and not many additions. Sucks, but I think that is what is going to happen.

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Im tired of teh word "Rebuilding", spend teh money we go tthe room, make a move, lets go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar