Pre-Game Thread Next Up: Titans @ Jaguars

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JerseyJef13, Dec 19, 2016.

?
  1. Titans by 1-3

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Titans by 4-6

6 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Titans by 7-9

17 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. Titans by 10-13

30 vote(s)
    31.6%
  5. Titans by 14+

33 vote(s)
    34.7%
  6. Jaguars by 1-3

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  7. Jaguars by 4-6

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. Jaguars by 7-9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Jaguars by 10-13

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Jaguars by 14+

4 vote(s)
    4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerseyJef13

JerseyJef13 Starter

Still in a state of shock so to speak following yesterdays incredible come from behind victory! This is the type of game that builds a young teams confidence in one another to take the necessary steps to becoming a great team.

With that said, I am a little nervous about next weeks game.

Christmas Eve, on the road, in Jacksonville knowing that the week 17 match up is looming. It would be easy to take the Jags for granted.

Even more reason to worry is with a brand new interim head coach with absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain, this team will take chances as if it were a pre-season game. The Jags will look at this game as a chance to redeem their atrocious season and play the part of spoiler.

Lets hope our boys keep focused and take care of business as needed. A decisive victory would be the ultimate booster for a week 17 showdown!

I never expected this. Let's enjoy it!

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Nah... must-win game. I'd consider it a trap game if it was, technically, irrelevant.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

They better have their heads on straight, but I think they will be fine. They know whats at stake and have generally overachieved, unlike the team in Knoxville.

#3 altitan, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As far as the team is concerned next week is playoff game #3. I believe we'll come out with that mindset and crush the Jaguars.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

The Fags will come out all puffed up....until something goes wrong....then they will fold up like cheap lawn chairs....the other coaches know they are done in two weeks and will be looking for work...they are already burning up their contacts lists.....many of the players have booked vacations already.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- Christmas Eve I bet stadium more empty than usual.

We crushed them here so probably some of their team want pay back. And many want to have a good showing for the next coach. But I doubt many or any of them going to risk injury putting it on the line for a meaningless game for them.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

as Titan fans we have seen this game all to often - from the Tarpkitty perspective...

going nowhere team in last home game on a holiday.... players will not have playing football first on their mind. Well honestly it only takes a few to not have focus to crush the remaining ones...

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

It's definitely a little nerve-wracking. But, look at it this way: If they can't manage to beat the freakin' Jaguars with the season on the line, then they have no business being in the playoffs anyway.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 7
  9. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

That's not how trap games work, bro.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

If there is a reason to not care about the game, trap game. We must win it.

That's how trap games work, if there is "reason" to look ahead. We need the victory.

Bro

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar