Pre-Game Thread Next Up: Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 28, 2016.

?
  1. Titans by 1-3

4.3%
  2. Titans by 4-6

8.7%
  3. Titans by 7-9

13.0%
  4. Titans by 10-13

13.0%
  5. Titans by 14+

17.4%
  6. Texans by 1-3

13.0%
  7. Texans by 4-6

13.0%
  8. Texans by 7-9

4.3%
  9. Texans by 10-13

4.3%
  10. Texans by 14+

8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Not only does it help our draft position to lose tomorrow, but it will give us an easier schedule in theory with those 2 flex games. A lot of times, when teams make the big jump, it is against a last place schedule, and then they struggle the next year with the first place schedule. Just something else to consider.

2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

54 at kickoff

Passing shower

Enjoy!

3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

You'll have to convince the players and coaches that it's pointless to win. They're not going to throw the game because the internet fans are upset and want a higher draft pick. That's the bottom line.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Why is it BS? Because it's a differing opinion than yours? And some people are less knowledgable and haven't followed the organization for years....again, because they don't agree with you?!
    THAT is BS.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Nobody said throw the game. Play it like a preseason game. Give reps to the depth players to see what we have. No need to risk our starters in a meaningless game. See how the Texans are treating it?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Riverman

No its BS because he's mis-representing others opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

So the coaches are supposed to tell the guys that have busted their asses for the last 6+ months training and playing that they can't play in a game that they WANT to play in and win?

The Texans are resting guys because they are in the playoffs no matter what and their starters need a break. Some coaches don't rest players even in week 17 with the playoffs locked.

Again, why argue with me when players and coaches feel the same? They want to play to win. Why be mad about that?

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

I understand both sides and arguments for a win or a loss. Unless you are simply anti-Titans, I get it and have no problem with that particular opinion.

I get it.

Personally, I can't cheer for a loss... especially against a divisional opponent. So...

I'm wearing my Titans hoodie and hat, cheering for victory.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I still think there is value in winning for the players. The team needs to get used to winning no matter the circumstances. There will be experiences in this game that players look to at some point next year.

I'm just not going to be super bummed as a fan if they lose.

10. Riverman

We'd have all been better served if they played to win last week. And I'm more interested in what's in the long term best interest of this team, not what individual players or coaches want for themselves. I'll state it again- I'm not advocating they throw the game. I'm staying it's in the best interest of the TEAM to use this meaningless game to get reps for our depth players and see where we need to go in the off season.

The win means nothing. It's detrimental to our draft capital. Which is detrimental to the long term benefit of the team. Many of these players you reference won't be around in 3 years but the teM and long term fans will be.

I'm not arguing with you as much as I'm clarifying an opinion many share that is different from your own. We can disagree and both have merit to what we're saying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar