Pre-Game Thread Next Up: Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 28, 2016.

?
  1. Titans by 1-3

4.3%
  2. Titans by 4-6

8.7%
  3. Titans by 7-9

13.0%
  4. Titans by 10-13

13.0%
  5. Titans by 14+

17.4%
  6. Texans by 1-3

13.0%
  7. Texans by 4-6

13.0%
  8. Texans by 7-9

4.3%
  9. Texans by 10-13

4.3%
  10. Texans by 14+

8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

okay let me know, we are going to head up there regardless.

2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

[QUOTE="nickmsmith, post: 1591513, member: 2170"]if you don't make the playoffs, everything done that season is a waste, just IMO. It amounts to nothing. No awards given out for "almost made it."

And I'd like to believe that we could use something like this season as a building block to success.. but time and time again, that theory is proven wrong. Teams drop off all the time.. and we couldn't win a division game to save our lives. THAT'S the story of the 2016 Titans, Even if they pull out a meaningless win Sunday. We had to pull of some miracles just to almost overcome our inability to win against the pitiful Jags/Texans/Colts, which we've got 1 win between the group so far.

If you can't win 50 percent of the games in this JV bush league division, then something is wrong. Especially when the one that seals your fate is a horrifying loss against the worst of them all.[/QUOTE]
    we won 5 games in the 2 previous seasons. If you expected playoffs or bust going into this season....you were being ridiculously unrealistic.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hopefully the last time Woodyard see the field as a Titan. As far as I am concerned, he cost us any chance of beating the Jags.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

we won 5 games in the 2 previous seasons. If you expected playoffs or bust going into this season....you were being ridiculously unrealistic.[/QUOTE]
    Didn't start expecting it, until we had a very good chance of making it. The path was laid out, a very attainable path.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

You people are so over dramatic.

I could dig up the thread predicting wins before the season and I would bet moolah most of the ones crying right now predicted 5 or less wins for this team. But when they win 8+ and miss the playoffs (which not many even thought was a possibility in the first place) it's time to burn this mother****er to the ground!

I still want the Titans to win. Does it mean anything? Not really... But 9-7 and knowing just 1 divisional game was the difference between playoffs and the end of the season would make me feel better. I guess either way all of the so called "fans" here will use a win or a loss to argue their hate for the team they spend all day talking about.

"The only reason they had a winning season is they beat back ups in week 17!"

"Look another mediocre 8-8 team, burn it to the ground!"

Damned if you do and damned if you don't with a lot of people here. 5 wins in 2 seasons to Superbowl Champs or burn em at the stake. No in between.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't want to burn anything down. I just said (and always will say) that a non-playoff team is a failure of a season.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That's BS. The point that many are making here, including myself, is simple. We had a rare opportunity not only to make it to the playoffs but to host a playoff game. All that was necessary was to beat a 2-13 team. We cam in UNPREPARED to get the job done. We FAILED TO ADJUST in game when it was clear we were playing a motivated team. We had the talent to get to the playoffs as evidenced by some nice wins over really good teams. Our lack of preparation and inability to adjust ELIMINATED us from the playoffs.

Now, we're supposed to be excited for a game against a resting division opponent as if it means something other than a "moral victory". I'm sorry, I disagree with PK, you and others that suggest a win provides a building block for next year. It is HOLLOW satisfaction to beat an opponent that is only playing as a prep for the playoffs and to avoid injury. It's like taking your sister to prom- what's exciting about that? And to boot- a win decreases OUR draft choices while INCREASING the our division winner'd draft capital. The only thing a win for us does is to give AAS and Mularkey something to point at as "progress" to sell tickets and convince the community that Mularkey was the right choice going forward as the HC. And yes, Mularkey is a nice guy who strung up some nice wins- but all that was washed away in my book when failed to have this team prepared for that critical Jags game. (Even Mularkey admitted pre-game the team was flat and did nothing to change that.)

A win means nothing. We were swept by the Colts, split with the Jags and split with a Texans team that was resting its starters. And they WILL pull their premier players, especially the D by the 3q like preseason to limit injury risk. The season was over when we chit the bed against the Jags. Why do you think the organization sent out "Thank you" videos for supporting the team during that season as opposed to next week?" Even the organization knows the season is over. What you're hearing now is the only thing, the only way possible, to keeps some segment of fans interested. And IMO, it is the segment of fans that are less knowledgeable and/or more casually interested, than some of the "hardcore" fans that have followed the NFL and this Titans organization for years.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Apparently it means something to the players and the organization.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[​IMG]

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It looks like mine are taken. Good luck finding some.

Chance of rain has dropped down to 20-35% during the game.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar