News: Volek Trade Talks!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanoiler, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanoiler

titanoiler Starter

Scout.com reports the Chargers are "aggressively pursuing" a trade that would net them Billy Volek from the Titans.

The report estimates a deal could be done within the next week to ten days. Volek seems like an even better fit in Kansas City, but he'd fill a need as the No. 2 quarterback in San Diego.

2. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Volek will not start there either lol.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

If they do it, do it fast. Sounds like Trent Green will be back in two weeks.

Get K.C. involved and get more for him.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I like it. Good fit for the Chargers since they do have a potential playoff team. Do it. And lets end this nightmare.

5. whats his value to a team like the chargers ?

i though trent was hurt badly and would be out for atleast a year .... im kinda glad to hear he will be back shortly tho .... its just i really wanted volek to go there for like 3rd rounder .....

6. Nine

Nine Starter

Keep in mind, if Billy feels that SD is a good possibility....which they are....he could refuse to waive his no-trade clause for other teams; this would pretty much force the Titans to make a deal with the Chargers.

Personally, I think a Volek-to-SD trade will be announced Monday, if not sooner.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

chances are we had SD in mind the whole time and didnt want to trade him to a team we were playing in less than two weeks.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Truthfully, it's a coup to trade a backup qb. I don't care what we get. Favre is the only one I can remember who was worth anything, and you could say the packers overpaid with a first rounder for an overweight qb relegated to Altanta's bench. So Trading Volek, a real coup.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd trade a first round pick for a super bowl.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Delhomme and Hasselback have been to the Superbowl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar