New Weapons, Same Offense?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I like some of the stuff Dinger tries to do, but it also scares me cause when Collins throws a deep ball it take forever to get there. he doesnt have a good arm to zip it down field. VY has the arm but not the accuracy.

I just think the playbook is to thin when it comes to passing. Im not sure if it's due to Fisher, the QB or the WR's. But we have been limited for years. I'd like to see us add a dozen new offensive plays now that we have deep threats and good hands like Jared Cook.

Also if in the future some of our WR's become really good they could start feeling like they could do more in a more pass happy offense. we could lose them just cause they arent happy here. just like Boldin wants away from Fitzgerald. He feels he's being held back. Thats why no big time WR will ever want to sign with us, his numbers would drop. If Britt and Edison becomes pro bowl type WR's we better keep them happy.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I don't know why everyone thinks we added these "new weapons". Your over hyping Nate Washington and Jared Cook completely.

Nate is decent, Jared and Britt have high ceilings, neither is a difference maker.

Get a mediocre QB, with some mediocre WR's, lined up with a pro bowl Runningback, and chances are your going to run a lot more then you pass.

3. jessestylex

how you know the WR's are only mediocre?

4. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

the WR are certainly better than last year. washington is better than jones and anybody else on the roster is better than mccarins. if you argue the other way, fine, i just question whether you watched last year or not.

yeah, when dinger went a little pass happy with mcnair it wasn't amazingly successful. ave qb stats, slightly better than ok team records. ... and i had much more faith in mcnair than i ever will with collins.

jesse. i bet we do add in a few plays. mostly to do with formations and where guys are lining up more than anything. one thing i'm sure we'll se and early that we didn't see hardly any of in the preseason was cook up the middle on a seam. he wins that at camp almost every time.

5. TheSureThing

because I've seen them play...

6. jessestylex

So i guess Randy Moss had a pro bowl type pre season his rookie year?

7. TheSureThing

yeah..he did..

8. TheSureThing

yeah..he did..

I'm not talkign about how good Britt or Cook WILL be, I'm saying, they're not difference makers right now, Cook is the closer of the two.

9. jessestylex

cool, got a video or the stats?

10. jessestylex

Heck i think Edison is closer than Britt. But both should be good at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar