New Weapons, Same Offense?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Yup, We have options now on offense, but i got a feeling we going to play the same old offense which forces us to punt way to often.

I hope im wrong and they have come up with some new plays. To many times I see us play like their are no other options than to force a pass to Bo Scaife in double coverage 2 yards short of the first down marker. or do a predicable run play on 3rd and 2 only to get stuffed.

It's time for Mike and Fisher to open up the book, no reason why we cant move the ball at will this season. With Nate , Britt, Gage and Cook on our team i better not see a run,run incomplete pass to Crumpler this year.

Whos with me? Will the Titans turn a page and become a more pass happy team?

2. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

I just joined this site about 4 days ago but after reading this post I already know you're not a go to guy.

The Titans are what they are. Adding a few play makers only means they have better guys to execute the gameplans that were proven last year to be successful. 13-3, best record in the NFL. Lost in the playoffs because 2 guys fumbled in the red zone, not because they lacked talent or play calling. Take a step back and understand our QB situation also.. Not exactly guys you wanna run the Saints offense with.

Go Titans...

• High Five High Five x 6
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

I like this guy.

4. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Hilarious:grrhee:

And the point he goes on to make is excellent . . . just too few people get what this team is all about . . . and as long as it produces wins, I am on board . . .

5. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

if we run our offense EXACTLY the same as last year we will improve significantly because of talent alone. think about how many deep passes were dropped we should complete this year. how dismal jmac was at getting open. how the hole would close around lendal b/c he couldn't get to it in time.

cj is one year smarter/stronger. lendale is 40 lbs lighter. gage is healthy. washington is better than b.jones. britt is better than mccarins. ringer is better than ganther. cook is a better reciever than we've probably ever had at the position. scaife is playing for big bucks in a contract year. and collins has another year of chemistry with most of these guys.

dinger and collins both scare me when they get too pass happy. never really worked out great for either in their careers.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

One word... "Fisherball". As long as Fish is the coach it doesn't matter who calls the plays, that lame philosophy will always rein supreme.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Geez you think your being a bit harsh? The guy was saying his opinion and asking for yours.

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

So when Dinger let McNair loose wasn't succesful?

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

So when Dinger let McNair loose it wasn't succesful?

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Letting McNair "loose" wasn't a big shift in offensive mentality... It was the same offense that just took shots when it had the opening. That's what Dinger does and what Collins is good at.

This offense can move the ball. The only difference between boring run, run, pass punt and an exciting high powered offense is the WR actually catches the 3rd down pass and moves the chains. Repeat as necessary until endzone is reached.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar