New Uniforms

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Yossarian, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I pushed the limits of what can be considered "navy" blue a bit by including the Giants, but it's also not royal blue. Id's argue that it's closer to navy than anything else. The jersey is a different matter. It's clearly not navy. None of this really matters, though.

The point was that there are a bunch of teams with dark blue helmets. The league doesn't need another. Navy is this decade's black. It's the cool color for sports teams to use. No need to go down that road.

2. TorontoTitanFan

They are right. It's clearly blue. Not sure how anyone could see black, and I'm colorblind.
    [​IMG]

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's a very rich navy.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I find this thread to be funny considering 50% of Titans fans chose this teams as theirs because of our jerseys 12 years ago.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I still love the jerseys, and I'd be sad to see them go for anything short of awesome jerseys. If they made a light blue helmet I'd like that, but other than that, I'm not really keen on changing it. We have one of the most modern looks.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think they need to go exclusively with their alternate red jersey.

:duckrun:

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Or how bout those white helmet, white jersey, white pants pajamas we wore for about all of the 97-98 seasons?

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Still like those better than the Homer Simpsons that they currently wear on the road..

[​IMG]

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I love our alternative Oiler jerseys. Just change the logo and it can be our regular jersey.

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. TorontoTitanFan

The throwbacks have a lot going for them (including my favorite number font in the entire league), but they have some major flaws. The red doesn't really work on television (it bleeds into the light blue and creates a weird purple shade) and the sock striping looks like crap.

Replace the logo on the helmet, swap in navy for red and fix the socks... that might be all you need to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar