New Titans HC in 2012?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

Are you people insane? This guy has taken a team filled with guys that wouldn't start on any other team and taken them to the brink of the playoffs. The defensive line is below average and offensive line can't run block, yet they are 8-7. That is the sign of a good coach. Winning without talent. My college, Arizona, has had a coach losing his *&%$ on the sideline for the last 7 years and it got us nowhere. A Head Coach's job is to organize and make sure the assistants are doing there jobs. He helps the coordinators with the game plan designs but come Sunday he is there mostly for game management such as time clock and 4th down decisions. That's it! Let's get some D line and O line studs, some safeties that make big plays, another WR, and a stud TE and lets see what he does with them. I think this guys deserves an A-, nothing more and nothing less.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Eh, I'd give Munchak two more seasons before I'd show him the door. Considering this season I don't think you can make a call either way:

We will at least be a .500 team (which is better than we were last year) but...
    1. Our schedule was stupid easy. So the games we won were against scrub teams.
    2. The only big game we won (Ravens) was against a team that also lost to the Jaguars and Seahawks. Yeesh.
    3. We lost some games we really shouldn't have lost (Jaguars, Colts).

On the negative side you could say:
    We didn't take the AFC South but...
    1. Our dream RB turned into a nightmare.
    2. Our star WR went out for the season early on.
    3. The QB who has had to shoulder everything thing has been playing injured.
    4. Whole new coaching staff + brief offseason = not good.
    5. We need major upgrades on several parts of the field.

Outside of that, I'm just mad that he kept Hasselbeck in when Hasselbeck was obviously still dealing with injuries. Locker really should have started the Colts game. As far as Gray, the man is working with what he has. Not his fault that Griffin only makes a play once in a blue moon. And Palmer has done some kooky stuff, but he's done some decent stuff as well.

The only idiotic thing has been their devotion to the run game. But then CJ came out and had a few great games, so I guess we can't really blame them for trying to see if he has another one.

I will say that this draft class is probably the best we've ever had though. Not sure how much input Munchak had on who we drafted, but I will be interested to see how we draft next year.

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

In 2012 we play....New England,Detroit,Green Bay,Chicago,NY Jets,Minnesota,Buffalo,Miami,Houston,Indy,Jax and quite possibly Pittsburgh or Baltimore again depending on who wins that division.

We play at Green Bay i just hope its early in the season and not when the weather is factor.

We gonna have some pretty tough ones next year.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

They are all beatable. Given a quality draft and maybe a couple quick contributors via free agency. Fix our lines... See who wins the qb competition... This team is on the up swing. And young. Just gotta continue in that fashion that has put Detroit back on the map.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

The make or break area will depend on the play of the qb.

6. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

That's why I'm giving him two season. Next year is going to be brutal.

If we come out with a winning record next year though, props to Munchak.

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I am not a fan of Palmer or our DC, but you must give them one more year.

This offense was doing well with Britt in the game. Its clear that Palmer knows HOW to get points on the board... he just has to stop making boneheaded calls. (which honestly havent been that many. Everyone whines about the run play but he did it the following week for a 25-30 yard gain which no one complained about)

Were young. Let the coaches grow another year with the team and see what happens unless a proven person is available.

8. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I would rather play Green Bay in the middle of winter than early on. Weather is the great equalizer. Green Bay doesnt have a great running game and I dont think they will next season either. Cold, Rain Snow etc etc can actually help a visisting team win.

Green Bays defense is nothing special.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Lol, you're moronic reasoning comes to show again.

Remind everyone which QB got Fisher out of his twice-6 game losing streak? The one where the owner had to force him to make a change because he was so inept he wouldn't do so. That is how bad of a coach he is, he wouldn't make a change to a team with QB play so bad AND on a 6 game losing streak.

Proof or more of your own imagination?

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I personally like Mike Munchak. I think he deserves a 2nd season before being judged though.

Palmer on the other hand, he can go to Penn St.

I'm also happy with Gray. The defense improved, and is looking great going forwards. Hopefully Gray can get a real NFL safety to actually stop someone. Casey and Klug have been fantastic, but we still lack a big time DT. Few small things should have us looking very good in 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar