New Titans HC in 2012?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

yeah i wish the titans also went with some younger blood on the offensive side of the ball a jon gruden, sean payton type ... obviously not of their calibur but i dont want to see an old fart holding a clip board watching us go 3 and out ... pleeeeease bring in someone young that could even dethrown munchak after a few years if need be

2. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

I don't think Penn State is going to get any applicants to their football program.

3. amy

amy Starter

There is nothing wrong with Munckak. We have won more games than we 've lost. What exactly do you want from a coach who had to pick his staff from leftovers, has to use what Fisher and Reinfeldt gave him, had little time to prepare, has a overpaid RB who isn't producing, has a super receiver on injured reserve, has under weight Oline and Dlines, and on and on. This isn't instant win. It's a long, difficult process. And as far as having a more animated coach, no one seems to have read the article on that in the Tennessean. Seems the players appreciate not being treated like kids who need to be yelled at constantly. They are adults and need to be treated like adults. Screaming and yelling does has not and never will win championships. Munchak could very well wind up the best coach we have ever had.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. razordaman

razordaman Starter

Hope he goes

I hope he goes. Why you don't have to be emotional, you can't stand there with the same blank expression the whole game either. He has failed to put together game plans and has show no ability to adjust to other teams at halftime. He has put Hass in when he shouldn't have and made many other bone-headed decision in the closing of games. Three turnovers to almost lose to Jacksonville when the game should have been over.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

For everyone calling for palmers head, he was the driving force that lead us to draft locker. He's not going anywhere. he might not be the offensive coordinator everyone dreams of, but he was brought in for his qb guru status as a coach. He is doubling as a coach in TN.

Munch might not be the coach of the year, but at least give him another year to see how he turns out... He's never been a coordinator in his life... Let him get his feet underneath before we start taking shots.

And anyways... Let's not be too quick to restart all over again

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

7. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Fisher also had trash at the QB Position since 2006, guys other teams are paying NOT to play right now. Fisher also got a 10 win season out of Young and a 13 win season out of Collins whereas the great Andy Reid and the high Flying Colts got 1 win out of 10 tries with VY and Collins.

The greatest irony is dumb Titans fans blame Fisher for the downfall of a team that has lofty expectations because of him but the San Diego's, Kansas City's, Miami's etc and their fans can't wait to hire him.

Step back and truly assess the situation.

Source in Nashville says Jeff Fisher is not impressed with Chiefs ownership and doesn't like the QB situation. KC is not in his future.
    Sounds like Fisher is staying away from the Bud Adams fiasco, scrub QB situation that brought him down.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree with everything above.

BUT when MM was miked for the cow game he appeared too be a spectator as much as I was. I know this is not true and they only show the clips that are 'interesting'. MM should impose his will on his coordinators, and for all I know he does this M-Sat

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

DBC, or fishfaces GoTitans appoligist, makes some good points.

My only issue with fishface was that he stayed too long. Should have left after that second time he failed in the POs after having home field advantage throughtout the POs

10. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I really don't understand why you guys what out of the guy? Leslie Frazier is 3-12 Ron Rivera is 6-9 Pat Shurmur is 4-11? Than we have John Fox and Hue Jackson sitting at 8-7 one was a Head Coach before and the other a Coordinator. Mike Munchak is at 8-7 with no coordinator experience, he will learn not to adjust, how to gameplan that is why Chris Palmer was brought in scraping at the bottom of the pile but he had the coaching experience and the ability to mold young QB's. I like Mike Munchak as a person and he will be a good coach someday, he brings a professionalism to the game that has been missed. He treats his players like men not high school or college players. He doesn't throw players under the bus to the media, but calls them out internally during films and meetings. He was subject to the lockout with a new QB, contract holdout, and injured WR. Their was to many holes to fill in this team to rebuild overnight, yes we suffered losses we shouldn't have Bengals, Colts, and Jags but we are a young team it's called growing pains. We are still in the hunt for the playoffs.

-Colin McCarthy got to start
    -Locker is molding, he doesn't want to throw him to the dogs, I respect that
    -We saw Harper and Ringer aren't any better than Johnson, that's why they haven't been in
    -No o-line changes have been made thus far, because they are a strong pass protection unit the only thing we have going for us right now. If he starts chugging and plugging different players in it could throw it out of whack
    -Babs has been splitting time with Hope when fisher would have left Hope start as soon as he's been back
    -Munch is a risk taker there has been more fourth down this year and converted than I remember Fisher ever doing
    This list could go on....

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar