New Titans HC in 2012?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

http://blogs.thetimes-tribune.com/p...out-penn-state-and-mike-munchak/#.TvanttXfWSo

I've heard both sides of the story, how Munchak to Penn State is a viable option and how its completely false. But how crazy would it be if coach "Chuck" came in for 1 year, brought in his own staff and defects to the college ranks.

I mean lets just pretend for a second he does jump ship - what does that mean for the rest new coaching staff?

Would a new head coach come to Nashville in 2012 and fire everyone else and bring in "HIS" new staff ... and we are forced to start all over from scratch yet again ... post Fisher era ...

I mean the perception is that Munchak doesnt show ANY emotion as a head coach. His arms are always folded and hardly reacts to any bad plays ... at least Fisher screamed and yelled at refs and at least looked like he "gave a damn" ... not to say coach "Chuck" is a total bomb after one year I just dont see the emotion ... I know you dont need emotion as a head coach (See tony dungy etc ...) but still not sold entirely as a HC.

People dont seem too high on Palmer and Gray as OC and DC either so would they both go after a 1-year stint at as well??

Chances are Munchak doesnt go to Penn-State and hes wearing "Titan Blue" on the sidelines in 2012 but you have to admit its a pretty interesting development ...

Surely a new coach in 2012 would start Locker right away and im hoping Munch does too if he does stay. I like Hasselbeck but I think its time to throw Locker in the deep end full time - its the only way to know what we have ... the glimpses of him being a very good quarterback are there ... I think he can make some magic with a full year of Kenny Britt, Jared Cook and Nate Washington ...

Munchak in Titans Blue? or Lions Navy?!

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

yerp.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Just to play along.... No... Munch has been with this organization for 30 years... He's not going to defect to college. He's never been a coordinator and barely gets his first year of HC under us...

I just don't see him leaving.

But.... If he were to... New coaches means new staff most the time. And they probably wouldn't ride locker for as long if he struggles.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Munchak won't go anywhere, as long as Bud endorses him as the Titan head coach.

He will be our head coach in 2012.

5. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

So you have to be nuts emotional on sidelines to be a good HC? Is that how that works?

I do not like Palmer and think we need a young progressive OC.

I think Gray will be ok when he gets the type of players he wants. The truth is we need more talent on defense.

Its waaaay to early to judge Munchak, but if you are going to grade him well.. his 1st season has been a success regardless of what happens from here on out. The Titans were supposed to be in the suck for Luck sweepstakes and finish 4th in the division. Give Munchak a full year and a couple of drafts and lets see where we are.

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I hope he leaves.

Do. Not. Like.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

I don't mind him, its palmer that needs to go. Mike is more aggressive than fisher from what I see. His lack of emotion is annoying though.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Please god let him go.

9. pettso

pettso Starter

He's had a lot of duds, things I certainly wouldn't look past if he wasn't a rookie HC. He's also done some decent things with what he's had. I'll leave the jury out until next year. He's certainly done enough to earn another year to prove himself. He, along with most other parts of the team, needs improvement next year though.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

He's not going anywhere

Honestly, I hope he doesn't go either. I rather continue with what we've started than start from scratch again. Say what you want about Munchak, Palmer, Gray and co., but this team had a good season, a better one than most people projected us to have. The odds were absolutely stacked against us.

And forgot all that emotion crap, Fisher had PLENTY emotion yet had two six game losing streaks in his last two years coaching this team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar