New player posters at LP Field

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nigel, Aug 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I noticed the other day that a new Chance Warmack HH Gregg poster has replaced Eddie George on the east side of the stadium. Today I noticed that Jurell Casey has replaced Frank Wycheck. Frankly I think this is a good thing. For a long time it seemed like this team was more into celebrating the past then the present. Most other stadiums I've been to have signage with their current players. I love Eddie, Frank, Steve and Bruce as much as the next guy, but it's nice that the organization seems to be getting more with the "now."

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I agree with you Nigel.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but I do disagree with the choice. the "now" includes a Dt who has had one or two good seasons, and the guard who was a high draft pick, but horrible last season.

Usually it seems like great players get such an honor. Neither of them are currently regarded as anything special. Casey is a solid player though.

Alternatives to these guys? None. Not until they field a couple guys who sustain a good amount of time with greatness... or at least goodness. Washington has been a solid player for awhile.. but even he would be silly to put up there.

IMO, they should have left the "greats" up, until someone is worthy of the ink.. or whatever it is, that is used to be printed on the things.

If Warmack continues to suck.. that choice will look awfully stupid in a couple of years.

At least they weren't dumb enough yet to put a big banner of our lame-duck QB up.

If we don't have any stars on the roster (yet) they shouldn't pretend that we do.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Rather have Wright than Warmack

• High Five High Five x 6
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The last thing the city of Nashville needs to see is a 10-story poster of Chance Warmack's gut.

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Warmack has had 2 games, 2 games where he wasn't an embarrassment. Somebody go rip that banner off the wall, sure as hell doesnt belong up there.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

this

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm glad we got rid of the old timers. Time to focus on the here and now. We've been stuck on the past for far too long. I somewhat agree that the replacement choices are a little underwhelming. But unfortunately we're low on options at the moment. Casey is probably our best player on D right now. As for Warmack, he was certainly disappointing but I guess they figure he's at least going to be around for the next few years and hopefully will get better.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'm all for putting up the new guys but I think we should still honour the past ones...Eddie, Frank, Steve gave this team heart...

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

yeah.
    That's why they should put up generic photos of the Titans logo, LP field, the MCM, etc.. Stuff that is guaranteed to be worth printing in a couple years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar