New members opinion on titans!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by stillmatic23, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

OFFENCE: I dont think the titans will be as bad as what people think. We lost drew bennett and bobby wade, but so what!!! both of them didnt do anything special last year, and drew bennett dropped more balls than he caught lol. drew only had 3tds, that less productive than alot of 3rd option recievers....and bobby wade did worse!!! so i dont need to explain him, yall got the picture. brandon jones and justin gage could easily do better than that. i think some of our rookies will step up(paul williams and chris davis). We got two good tight ends also. I think pacman had more receptions than our recievers and he played defence lol.

Defence: We lost pacman, a great player and really good cb. we lost pacman and gained two probowl cb's who played in superbowls and have experience. we will have a better defence than last year. people screamin we lost pacman, but we were still ranked 32nd last year, and i dont see us being that bad next year.

I expect vince to pick up where he left off.

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

welcome to gotitans.com, im with you, youl find some of the people on this site are already counting the titans out. i feel our defense will improve also, but i only remember 1 cb coming in that played in the superbowl, am i missing someone?

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Welcome to the forum.

You say you aren't concerned about the loss of pacman, but what do you see that makes you think the defense will actually improve? Surely corner wasn't our only problem last season?

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Herndon played in the superbowl the year before.

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

oh yea, completely forgot about k. herndon, but still, both of them combined wont be as good as pacman, pacman had champ bailey stats last year..

6. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

If Schwartz handles things the way he did last year, we're in for a long season IMO

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

There's a lot of huff and puff in this thread. Pac didn't have Champ Bailey stats last year. He did have a great year, and this PD, and his completion % were very good. Baliey had IIRC 8 picks while Pac had 4. With that being said, I think Pac was just as good as Bailey was last year.

We replace him with two serviceable vets. I still don't agree that two of them = 1 of Pac.

If you subscribe to the notion that improvement is done from the ground up, that bettering your bottom of the roster is almost as significant as the top end than we had a good season.

I think we improved our depth significantly in three positions. MLB, S, CB.

I think we took a step backwards in a couple positions. RB, WR

I think we are horrible in both top end and depth at the DL position. I think our DC is the worst in the league.

Overall, I predict that our record is +/- 1 game of last year's record. We are still rebuilding people - we have way too many gaps still.

Also, I think our defense will be better than last year - of course, that's not standing on a limb- there is literally no place to go but up this year.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

run that by me again?
    agreed.
    agreed.
    a small step at that....
    +/- a game last year gets us into the playoffs...

9. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

People forget the intangibels vince young carries with him. Vince young is a great leader and wont stand for losing. The worse thing that happens to teams that lose are that they dont have a leader with the passion to win. either that or the person with the passion to win isnt the qb. If vince young does bad vince young will work and work until he gets better. Vince is the perfect person for this team. All these young cats need is some motivation. Last year on another forum when we were 0-5 i kept tellin my cousins and typin on the forum the titans are gonna truen it around when vince gets in the game and gets adjusted. everybody told me to shut up because i said we could maybe make the playoffs aslong as we dont lose 8 games. We almost made the playoffs and the same people that was dissin me was startin to say the same stuff is was all along....it was so funny how people hopped on the titans wagon when we were on that streak. Titans are gonna shock people!!! yall remember i said this.

10. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

People makin a bigger deal outta losin bennett and wade than they did when we lost great players like derrick masson and jevon kearse...come on titan fans yall seen alot worse losses than this, dont be shocked. we lost two mediocre recievers.....travis henry is about the only one i cared about, but trust me lendale or chris henry will do somethin....our offensive line is a good line and they contributed to alot of henrys success... and vince young contributed alot to. the first 5 games when vince wasnt in travis henry did nothing, but when vince got in with his run threat it opened things up for travis also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar