New Leadership

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

http://www.titansonline.com/news/titans_news_detail.php?PRKey=3836

I don't read a lot of these articles, but I thought this was well written. What we need at this point in franchise history is to find our new leaders. I think Vince and Lendale could be huge additions if they turn out well, but it's too early for them to be real leaders this season. There are a lot of places where people could come up big for us, and I think that's a big part of what the 4 new vets are all about.

I'm really hopeful for this franchise, but we've got a long way to go. It may not be a pretty season, but I can't wait to watch us develop. I want to see a few of those moments that were missing last year, I want us to win a game because of the 4th quarter. I want to see who the real leaders are on this team.

2. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Yeah, I thought that was a great piece. While I would rather that the players not listen to the press and just play football...They all should read this one...

Keith, who is about the only person who could say it and have it mean something, all but said that last years team lacked as much in heart as it did in talent.

I, like most of the people on the board, watched every game last year, and many times said to my wife, "Boy, these guys sure know how to lose a game" Not to say they were over run with talent...but they could have won more games if they could have found their heart.

Maybe, with a little more leadership, and more experience for the young guys, we will see more from this years team...I hope so.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Schwartz

4. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Was that in reference to "Boy these guys sure know how to lose"?

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

naw the could have won more if they could find their heart.

Schwartz has castrated the D over the last few years and until he grows a set I see no reason to be optomistic about the D no matter how much talent is on that side

6. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

How we didn't give Gunther that job is still beyond me, his LB's were easily the strongest position when he was here.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Schwartz was DC before Gunther was in Tennessee

8. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

I know, when Gunther got the offer from KC we should have matched/bettered and let the Schwartz be with them...

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think this is a one man show. Vince Young will have to be the leader. But man, in the Rose Bowl, he was a leader. He was so cool and relaxed. He was all that and more without saying a damn thing. All body language. Born leader. He's it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar