New laptop time (Windows 8?)

Discussion in 'Gear' started by SawdustMan, Jul 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The obvious question then is do you have Mac copies of those Adobe programs?
    I have the Adobe Cloud service and for whatever F'd up reason you can DL and run those programs on a bunch of different machines but they don't let you go cross platform..

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

It's better than Windows 95

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I have CS5.5 for Windows at the moment. If I end up going with a Mac I'll just go to the Creative Cloud.

That sucks you can't go cross-platform. I was wondering about that.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Creative Cloud is the bomb, and I get business to pay for it for my personal machines (if I could only get it to pay for Pro Tools!). My only beef w CC is that it randomly wants me to re-enter the serial key

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

Windows 8 is fine on a touch screen or tablet.

It is cumbersome to navigate on a traditional laptop or desktop.

I you my tablet Windows 8 in desktop mode all the time.

It is not that far from Windows 7. I feel like the touch interface just throws people off.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

There you go.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

I have a Surface.

It replaced my laptop.

Thinking about just getting a Chromebook now for office stuff.

8. Fry

I really did give the Surface Pro 2 some genuine thought when I was trying to decide what to get. Windows 8 sucks though. There's also nothing worth getting in the Windows App Store.

Microsoft just took so many missteps with the Surface. Keyboard not included. App store sucks. Insufficient memory(why not use 256gb flash memory?). Battery life is crap.

It was a good idea, but poorly executed.

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

ONLY get a Surface Pro

Runs the full version of Windows 8

Windows RT sucked. Wanted to be a mobile platform but was really just a castrated version of Windows 8.

Only the first two generations of Surface came with RT.

The third generation of Surface runs only Windows 8. It is basically a touchscreen laptop with a removable keyboard.

10. Fry

Totally forgot about RT.

Here's why I didn't go with the SP2; I hate Windows 8 and I prefer laptops to tablets. Even if those two things didn't stop me from going with the SP2, there is no reason my MacBook Pro should have more battery life. I can use this thing to peruse the internet ALL DAY and intermittently listen to music without charging it.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar