new HCs 2014

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Dec 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Just wanted to take a look at all the new HCs in 2014 and see how they compare to Whiz. Not only looking at this year's record (since each new HC came into a different situation), but comparing their team to last year (the one they took over) and seeing how much improvement each HC made to their respective teams. Obviously the year isn't over yet, so there is still room for some improvement, but with only 4 weeks left we should have a good feel for the impact each HC has made.

Mike Pettine - Browns

Browns 2013 record: 4-12

Current record: 7-5

This is the most surprising turn around IMO. No one wanted the Browns job, and no one thought they were anywhere near contenders, yet here we are in week 12 and the browns are fighting for a playoff spot. They have already won 3 more games than last year, and should more than double their wins from 2013 before the season is over.

Bill O'Brien - Texans

Texans 2013 record: 2-14

Current record: 6-6

Week 12 and the Texans have tripled their win total from last year already. They probably won't make the playoffs, but at least they are still in the race, which is a far cry from the 1st overall pick they had last year.

Jim Caldwell - Lions

Lions 2013 record: 7-9

Current record: 8-4

Detroit already has 1 more win than they did last year, which is impressive considering they went 7-9 last year and there are still 4 weeks of football left in this season, and there is a good chance they make the playoffs their 1st year under Caldwell (who we all thought was a Joke of a coach)

Mike Zimmer - Vikings

Vikings 2013 record: 5-10-1

Current record: 5-7

The Vikings aren't great and won't be going to the playoffs, but with 4 weeks left in the season, they have already matched last years win total.

Jay Gruden - Redskins

Redskins 2013 record: 3-13

Current record: 3-9

Similar to the Vikings, they Redskins aren't going anywhere (and are currently one of the NFL bottom dwellers), but they have already matched last year's win total with 4 weeks to go. So they appear to be improved somewhat from last year. Once Gruden gets his QB in there(not RGme), the Redskins should improve more.

Ken Whisenhunt - Titans

Titans 2013 record: 7-9

Current record: 2-10

7-9 seems like a dream at this point. The Titans are getting blown out in almost every game. Actually, this is the only team with a new HC that hasn't at least already matched last year's win total. And in fact, the Titans are far from it. Even if we won out the rest of the year, we still couldn't match that 7-9 record. It appears we have regressed considerably, which is very disheartening since the no other team with a new HC has regressed.

Let me know if I missed any new HCs

• Informative Informative x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Further proof how import QB play is.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think Zimmer has done a great job considering they had to start Bridgewater earlier than expected and they haven't had MVP Adrian Peterson at all.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Hoyer
    Fitzpatrick/Mallett
    Bridgewater???
    Cast off Colt McCoy

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

Im not saying those QB's are anything special, but they have played particularly well most of this year.

6. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Whisenhunt was the worst choice for the HC job.

Prepare to become the new Oakland Raiders/Jaguars the next few years.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I still dont know why this roster was not brutalized during the offseason

KW and Horton had game film on the 13 Titans. There is zero reason why, as a for instance, Levitre is getting snaps. Sucked in 13 and sucks now. Hes not the only one just the first guy I thought of.

Then the whole Leon Washington thing. KW appears to be a retard with his continued usage of this scrub... just makes no sense that he dumped MM, who was below average at WR but was not a total embarassment, who was an All Star PR/KR and let LW abuse those roles. Whatever MM needlessly put MM on IR in 13 and kept Retard. It appears Mariani must have been kicking a lot of dogs

8. JCBRAVE

Speaking of Marinai, all 3 of his returns for the Bears have gone for over 20-yards, while we're over here still allowing dumb ol Leon to return balls to the 17-yard line.

I really hope seeing Sankey return a kick late last week means the end of Leon Washington.

9. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

I hate to use the term "tank" but I feel that is what whisenhunt is doing. He thought he had a talented roster but after losses to cincy, Indy, and Dallas along with jake locker injury he realized this team is far from competitive.

Hopefully, cutting some dead weight, acquiring better free agents, and another good draft will be competetive again.

10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I pray that what he is doing is tanking, and not just complete and total ineptitude of this staff and team

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar