New forum area for questionable content

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

:beerbang:

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I also agree that creating a user group for dark humor is in the best interest of all. Make it hidden, but o so accessible to the right crowd.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

In my experience ,unmoderated sections of a board don't necessarily deteriorate into filth ridden places.

They end up being policed by the regular members of the board & I don't think the quality of people we have here would allow it to get out of hand.

Some boards call those areas the 'Bar & Grill'.

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I guess there are two points here...

1. NSFW tags aren't good enough and if we're going to allow that kind of stuff, it should be in a separate sub forum with appropriate age warning.

2. Most forums I go to have a politics/religion sub forum. Those can be very entertaining and enlightening, but there is a drawback. Once you know the religious and political beliefs of your fellow forum members, it can be hard to keep your conceptions of those members out of discussions in main forums. I'm not saying I'm for or against having a sub forum for those topics, just pointing out that it's kind of nice not having to worry about that here. At GoTitans we're not left or right, christian or atheist, we're just Titans fans.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

PARTY ON !

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I agree with most of what's been posted.

A separate sub-forum is Probably the way to go. If you want to moderate it, make starkiller and rolltide joint mods and make them agree on every decision. That should save bandwidth...

7. Ha! Nothing would ever happen... :ha:

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd be all for the sub forum idea.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Oh, hey...well...let's take a poll of all the 18-21-year-old members here and ask them if they'd like to have a separate sub-forum featuring nudity, profanity, and forumites finding excuses to start constant flame wars?

Gosh, I'll bet the results will be really close...

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I don't think you fellas really want nudity. I'm a feminist, so for every breast and twat shot, you can count on me posting a penis shot that's extremely h-erotic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar