New defensive weapons, new coaching. What do you expect?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Created a similar thread discussing the offense.

With an entirely new coaching staff and some drafted players who don't fit the traditional 4-3, what do you think we will see this upcoming season from the defense? Which rookies do you expect to work themselves into the lineup and which current players do you see stepping up?

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I expect this defense to surrender a bunch of points.

sorry.

3. 24

24 Starter

From what I've heard about Gray, he likes to blitz his LBs. He plays his CBs off, by as much as 10-15 yards. Considering the versatility we acquired in the draft, we can probably expect more exotic looks. The DL will obviously be more instrumental in run support, the burden won't be on the LBs as much.

Basically, he learned from Gregg Williams, it will be very similar to his style. As far as rookies, I can see Ayers getting some playing time, maybe Casey also. The scheme is completely new, it is literally an open competition.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I like the idea of "exotic looks"...

I can't stand the Patriots or the Chargers, but to their credit, pre-snap, I look at their defenses and go wtf??? go ahead and throw the Ravens in there too... I got sick of watching Peyton read the Titans D like a book and put it in our eye.

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I just hope we blitz our LB's way more....When we did it last year it worked great...but we hardly did it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I expect us to still run the 4-3 scheme but with some hybrid looks and some more creative blitzing schemes. I'm hoping we have a replacement for Hope. If we do I think we'll play more press coverage and allow our D-line to create pressure.

I expect our linebacking core to improve and better scheming against the TE. I expect some growing pains early on, but an exciting team towards the end of the season.

If we can get pressure on the QB I think we're a SS away from having a really good defense.

7. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i think it will be a 4-3 hybrid type....i personally love the ravens defensive schemes especially when they have a 1-5-5 look going on with nagata or whatever his name is standing up as a d-lineman and they have like 8 in the box....

tell me how easy that would be to pick up on....not very

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd like to see the nickleback blitz more. No LB can hit the speeds a CB can.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

what do we do if Locker is amazing, but the coaches and defense causes us to lose 14 games, and we get the #1 pick and Luck is there?

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Take best defensive player available....Even if Locker isn't good and Luck is there when we pick you can't just give up on your assumed franchise QB that easily. Remember Manning's rookie year? It wasn't amazing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar