New defensive ideas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Nash, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Just thinking of who to keep on the field in a 3-4 situation. Hayes is still fast and both he and Klug have a motor.

The Titans also signed Marques Douglas, who has experience as a 4-3 Tackle and 3-4 End. So you put someone like Jurrell Casey at NT for a down, Brown/Jones/Marks or Klug at the 5-technique, Ayers/Ford/Morgan play the OLB spot, get a couple of large capable guys with some ability to fill and speed to get to a play to be on the interior, also with some rush ability.

I think that's a good role for your "B" linemen, especially if the ordinary LBers don't have the size (McRath, Tully if present, Witherspoon, Curran). Maybe Spoon could, but that's about it.

They don't have to convert all at once, or at all. But it's clear they're going to try some things out. A guy like Hayes, who has great speed for his size, but who hasn't yet made expectations as a rusher should be more than willing to find a way to continue to see the field and carve a nitch. So why not?

I sense this is a "yes we can" sort of front office. Looking over the roster, I think they have a lot of usable pieces in place. Lots of guys got added who might be able to fill a roll in transition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar