New DC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jan 15, 2009.

?
  1. Dave McGinnis

20 vote(s)
    48.8%
  2. Chuck Cecil

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Someone inhouse

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. Someone from elsewhere

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Reason #1: Although I am a girl, I am a fan of smashmouth football. I wanted to watch pantsies I would just look at socker.

Reason #2: Although I am in no way blaming our postseason loss on the the defense, they couldn't get it done when it counted. Unless we plan on blowing teams out every game or year in year out we need a defense that can make crucial stops late in games. Our offense turned the ball over WAY too much, our offense needs to get better on 3rd down and needs to get better at ball control. However the game was tied with about 3 minutes to go and a rested defense couldn't get off the field.

I for one am glad Schwartz is gone. Is it his r the defenses fault that we lost the game......absolutely not. Don't forget that the Ravens won the superbowl with a lowsy offense but that never stopped the defense from performing especially in crunch time. Would the Titans had won if they had more aggressive on D on the final series (more than likely).

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mrs titan i'm not even sure what you are saying. You don't make decisions based on what happened in one game.

If we are healthy for post season and don't give the ball away in that one game we win the super bowl. Plain as day for me. We had 391 yards of offense against an elite defense and didn't even have mawae for the game or CJ for a half.

Our defense held them to 211 yards and 13 points and they had help in just doing that with the ignored delay penalty.

The ravens are a good team who played a near perfect game and we still would have beaten them just by not screwing up.

We were a damn good football team just ask the steelers.

4. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Not based on one game. Go back and read the post from a few years ago. I think one thread was fireschwartz or get rid of schwartz now. I started one but there were many. Even when we weren't a good football team the defense had a bad habit of giving up points when the game was on the line. This is history and I'm not talking about Obama!

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol @ socker.

lol @ the opening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar