New Batman movie titled: The Dark Knight Rises, No Riddler

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by onetontitan, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think the really big problem is that Nolan can't direct women to save his life.

Examples:

Memento: Carrie-Anne Moss (subtle, lame performance)
    Insomnia: Hilary Swank (over-actor)
    Batman Begins: Katie Holmes (needs no introduction)
    The Prestige: Scarlett Johanssen (makes a good actress seem terrible)
    The Dark Knight: Maggie Gyllenhall (delivery sucked, again...over actor)
    Inception: Ellen Page (miscast) and Marion Cotillard (an academy award winner with a forgetful performance)

I don't think Hathaway has enough talent to direct herself; thus, I have my worries about Cat-woman. Do I think Nolan will put it off regardless? Yep.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I said the same exact thing to a buddy of mine today. Nolan should just do what the Romans did and cast men for every character...

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Glengarry Glen Batman

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Bah, Bane is one of Batman's worst nightmares and one of the less cartoony villains.
    I picked Bane as a favorite here a while back. Just need to add Solomon Grundy and then end the series..

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

How is Bane any more cartoony than a guy in clown makeup and a purple suit? Or a guy with half a face for that matter?

Harvey Dent became pretty hilarious once half his face looked like something out of a terrible cheese-fest horror film.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Bane ultimately establishes himself as the "king" of Peña Duro prison. The prison's controllers take note and eventually force him to become a test subject for a mysterious drug known as Venom,[4] which had killed all other subjects. It nearly kills him at first, but he survives and finds the drug vastly increases his physical strength, although he needs to take it every 12 hours (via a system of tubes pumped directly into his brain) or he would suffer debilitating side-effects.

Sounds PRETTY cheesy to me and very unlike Nolan. He'll have to put his own spin on it if it is going to be believable in "his" universe.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

But so is a guy in a batsuit that does half the things he did in Dark Knight.

He'll just have to simplify it. I don't doubt that he can.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I rather have Mr. Freeze, he was so chill.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Bane always seemed like a speeded out El Santo to me. Not too different than a Saturday night in El Paso. He broke Batman's back. nuff said..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar