Netflix's New Policy

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Fry, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Netflix sent me an email informing me that they are now offering two separate services: unlimited online streaming or unlimited dvd rentals for $7.99 a month. I used to get both for $9.99 a month. They say I can either, A) pay for one or the other at $7.99 a month, or, B) pay for both at $15.98 a month. They forgot option C) cancel my subscription, which is the route I'll be going.

Half of the time what I want to watch isn't available through streaming, so I have to order the DVD. There are also a lot of things I like to watch instantly(Futurama and The Office being the best examples) on whim weekly.

I say here's a nice f*** you, Netflix. I'll be more than happy to watch things for free on Sidereel.com.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That's messed up. Your subscription should be grandfathered and honored. They should leave the overcharging to return & new customers.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It's still a good deal...

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Not when you don't have a job and you're living off of scholarship money.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

bigtitan53279, would it make a difference if the Netflix offered their entire library streaming for $16 with no disc option?

6. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I would pay $16 no problem for everything instant streaming. Streaming is just easier.

7. Fry

It probably would make a difference. I don't know if I would keep my subscription, but I definitely wouldn't be trying to get all of my friends to cancel their subscriptions with me.

I can just as easily watch shows and movies online for free. The only thing that got me to pay for it in the first place was the ability to stream things easily on my PS3 so I could watch everything on my tv instead of my 15" laptop.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I don't like it, but with the rate my wife and kids stream from them and I order DVDs so it suPKs but I'm going along with it.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Good God I am old....can't say that I have ever "streamed" anything, but maybe I should look into it.

That said, I agree with the "grandfathered" statement. We just bought a replacement cable box for our Direct TV service, and the service offerings we were given were all about 30% higher than new subscriber offers. Really irritating.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If you're going to blame somebody blame the movie and TV studios. They're the ones SUBSTANTIALLY jacking up the fees for their streaming rights. Netflix now has Amazon and Google to compete with and their (Amazon and Google's) pocketbooks are much, much, much bigger than Netflix's. If Netflix wants to remain in the game then a price increase is a must. And like Hoffa said, it's still an excellent deal.

As for the being grandfathered in idea, I don't agree with that either. With already 23 million+ subscribers they would be letting a ton of potential revenue slip away by doing that. Besides, it's not like we subscribers signed contracts or anything. It's a month-by-month service. Nobody is being forced to remain a subscriber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar