Need some serious week 4 advice

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Alex1939, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Who would you start amongst these scrubs?? (23 players on the roster this is a dynasty league)

Need to choose: 2 RB, 1 TE, 2 W/R/T (slash)

Deangelo Williams @ Atl
    Ahmad Bradshaw @ Phi
    Andre Brown @ Phi
    Fred Jackson (expected to play) vs Pats

Jermaine Gresham @ Jax
    Antonio Gates @ KC

Nate Washington @ Hou
    Kendall Wright @ Hou
    Denarious Moore @ Den

I have no idea what 5 to start. RIght now I have DeLo, Bradshaw, Gresham, Gates, and NateWash in. It is a PPR league. I don't really like those 5 though. Of course I don't really like any of the choices but I'm stuck.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You're screwed.

Nate is a must. We'll probably be trailing Houston and have to throw to keep up, and Kenny is banged up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Ugh. That's rough. I think any "advice" anyone gives you would pretty much be total guesses.

With that said, I'd probably go:

RB: Bradshaw & Brown- This is the "safest" play IMO. NYG will run the ball. And in all likelihood will score at least one TD on the ground. The question is who's going to do it? That's why I'd either roll with both of them or avoid the NYG backfield altogether. Just for this week.

TE: Gates

W/R/T: Washington for sure. And Jackson, if he plays.

DeAngelo could very well blow up. But I personally just like to avoid the Panthers backfield altogether. It's always such a mess. And so back and forth. You're always having to guess who the "hot hand" will be that week. And in my experience, I usually pick wrong. Then this year, they bring in Mike Tolbert to complicate things even more.

4. Alex1939

Yeah pretty much haha.

5. JMUTitan

JMUTitan Starter

Should I start Romo or Locker this week?
    Chicago shut down the Pack and Romo's O-line & WRs haven't been doing him any favors.
    As for the Locker v Houston matchup... I don't think I need to explain it to you guys haha.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Brown
    Jackson
    Gates
    Washington

and I guess Williams, even though I do not like his matchup, or that backfield.

7. Alex1939

One thing I should've mentioned is we do have an odd point system. 4 Bonus points anytime someone gets 100 rushing or receiving yards (it is 300 for a QB). That leads me to believe I shouldn't start Brown & Bradshaw.

I'm rocking the Scarecrow recommended lineup for now. Gotta see if Jackson gets the go ahead right before kickoff though

8. Alex1939

Oh and why no Denarious Moore love? DHB is out and Moore is about the top target left in that offense. Palmer has played better as of late.

9. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Starter

Locker or Newton? Newton has been killing me so far and dont really see him putting up huge numbers against ATL... Plus Locker is our only offense at this point

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar