Need help with a computer.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RyansTitans, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i wouldnt recommend alienware, thats more for gaming, and he said to leave that out, but yea i would say dell, thats what my mom has just for a home compter and it stores alot of space and runs very fast...

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

build my own, but I bought Dells for the kids. When they need a specialty PC then we can discuss it - lol

FWIW I am not anti-mac, certainly if you create video then a good argument could be made for the mac especially vs an out of the box PC.

3. If you are looking for a Windows PC:

-AMD Athlon 64 X2 or Intel Core2 Duo processor at 2GHz or more (AMD is a better $ value)
    -At least 1 GB of RAM, 2GB if you plan to do a lot of gaming or photo/video editing
    -Something better than onboard graphics if you plan to do any gaming

Everything else is up to you (i.e HD space, display size, etc)

Brand doesn't matter as long as it isn't Compaq

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

what's with all the MAC hate ?

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

They simply have no idea what they're talking about. I can understand if Ryan has concerns about his programs not crossing platforms. But if you're starting from scratch, Mac smokes PC in desktop publishing eg Photoshop etc. Those programs were made for Mac..
    I run a Mac Pro with quad 2.66 Dual Core and I run Pro Tools flawlessly with no latency or crash issues. In the past I tried to run PT on the fastest Dell PCs and they all lagged and crashed regularly..
    The choice depends on what you wanna do with your system.

6. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

i built my own PC. runs like a dream.

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

The Dell XPS 410 looks good. We are leaning towards that.

The catalog says...

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6600 at 2.40GHz
    Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium
    20'' Widescreen Flat Panel
    2GB Dual Cahnnell DDR2 memory
    320GB* Hard Drive
    ATI TV Tuner

And an Optional 500GB hardrive upgrade for 100$ extra.

So is that good?

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

yea if you want to buy a 1500 dollar computer....

9. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

If you don't plan on running a cable to the TV tuner, you can leave that out.

The XPS 410 is fine.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

again .... for the several posters in this thread "trying" to diss Mac, woul you care to explain why ?

my guess is that neither of you have ever had first hand experience with one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar