Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

NCAA Tournament Commentary...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GoTitans3801, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Moolah:
    $581
    Before you start bashing stats, get them right. Louisville won by 7 points - 79-72.
  2. Hoffa Freak you you freakin freak...

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,285
    Memphis just barely won their opener, are they overated? Maybe Louisville just had their wake up call?
    Louisville plays great defense, when they get behind Pitino has them crank up the D and they get on some good runs.
  3. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $13,370
    That's what it was then. Standard definition + TV picture concaving (going out soon) = 70-72.

And the difference between Lou and Memph is that Memphis is actually a great team. Not just a bunch of athletes that play basketball.
  4. Hoffa Freak you you freakin freak...

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,285
    Louisville has to be a pretty good team to win the Big East reg season and tourney. It's not a cupcake league like Conf USA, or the SEC.

I've only seen them play during the Big East tourney, and they look like a very talented team with depth, but sometimes they seem to slip into cruise control, but kick up the D when they need to. I would not be concerned to see them trail every game they play, but I'd give them the best chance to go all the way.
  5. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $13,370
    Big East had about 2 teams I'd place above most CUSA teams. They were barely edging those teams out too while Memphis was winning by 30 a lot of nights.
    I hope Louisville and Memphis meet. Kill them dead.
  6. Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Moolah:
    $581
    You just say these things to get a reaction, don't you?
    2 people high five this.
  7. millakilla8 MK8- OSU Beavs & Mizzou!!

Moolah:
    $9
    missouri is gonna beat memphis i think...their full court press is incredible.
  8. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $13,370
    A full court press doesn't affect Memphis. Ask Maryland. You press up front, they'll just snowball it down the court for easy buckets.
    Mizzou could beat them though.
  9. millakilla8 MK8- OSU Beavs & Mizzou!!

Moolah:
    $9
    missouri is also very balanced...against marquette i think they ended up having five guys with ten or more points...with memphis, they rely on two players...one a freshman. shut down evans and memphis is screwed i think.
  10. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $13,370
    Eh?? Dozier, Taggart, Evans, Anderson and Sallie can all drop 20 any given night. Then kids like Kent will kill you if left open. They've got a ton of depth.

Evans - 16.6 ppg
    Dozier - 12.7 ppg
    Taggart - 10.5 ppg
    Antonio Anderson - 10.0 ppg
    Doneal Mack - 8.9 ppg

Meanwhile, Mizzou only has 2 players that average double figures in scoring.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.