NCAA Football is an absolute joke.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Climer wrote in the Tennessean today that the BCS choose wrong by selecting Alabama. Does he understand that this is not a bunch of guys in a smoke filled room selecting but a computerized ranking along with a poll?

Climer opened his opinion by admitting that alabama probably is the 2nd best team in the country.

Still waiting for Duece and his pal Eddy to explain how the New York media suddenly favors a team from Tuscaloosa Alabama. Please explain. I just gave you an example that was just the opposite.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings

Bama #2 in 3 of the 4 polls. Conspiracy? Bama #2 in coaches poll. All coaches who vote are conspirators?

2. M3gatitan

M3gatitan Camp Fodder

OSU: 5 wins against top 25 bsc ranked
    alabama: 2

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Again final rankings 1966..

Notre Dame 9-0-1(No bowl)

Michigan State 9-1-1(Tied ND lost to UCLA in rose bowl)

Alabama 11-0(Beat Nebraska in the orange bowl)

So who got jobbed?

Bear Bryant died with one less title than he earned. Consider this payback!

FYI there was a whole book written about this issue and how Bama got screwed.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

At the time the teams played Auburn and Penn St were ranked in the top 25.

Again i'm an Alabama fan but if my team was ranked #3 i would not b***h and whine like a baby like many here have. OSU is worthy.

What is their agenda, they don't even give a flying f**k about OSU?

5. M3gatitan

M3gatitan Camp Fodder

I'm not an OSU fan, i just hate Bama, i'm a vols fan, but we've sucked for quite a while now, so the little orange isn't nothing to talk about,
    and i think OSU is more deserving

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Again...it is the system we have. Some have proposed changes to it, and many have fought that. I think that is why there hasn't been a huge outcry from the Big 12. They fought it.

7. jdog

jdog I like beer!

It's a fine systems as long as you come out on top but as soon as you don't the whine fest begins.
    I'll think I will start crying about next season now and beat the rush.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No, we should go to a playoff system, genius.

The method everyone but you and other SEC fans want.

So teams like Utah, Michigan, and OSU stop getting cheated. So the rules aren't only bent for SEC teams and money.

Yeah, keep talking about how the SEC proves themselves every Championship game. It was 2009 when Utah should have been there and wiped the floor with Alabama. It was 2006 when it should have been UM vs OSU. It was 2010 when sCam Newton played.

Your track record isn't as clean as you pretend it is.

9. Deuce Wayne

Fine system?

Yeah, sure when only 2 teams go undefeated- I mean, 2 major conference teams. Even if the other team proves they can beat the better major conference teams.

Basically- it's a terrible system. Whoops.

10. Deuce Wayne

I'll give you the easiest explanation possible...

4 letters.

E
    S
    P
    N

They decided this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar