NCAA Football is an absolute joke.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Well said.

The BCS system is far better at rewarding teams for quality wins and not downgrading as much for a quality loss.

Alabama was helped by the fact that their loss came to the prohibitive #1 team. OSU hurt that their loss came against a ranked team. That was the difference and the final rankings were as close as you can get.

I would like Dunce to explain why the BCS or espn would want to favor the sec. What about this team from Tuscaloosa Alabama would make them the darling of New york media?

2. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I'll bet $1000.00 that an SEC teams wins the National Title this year.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Destroyed? Seriously? After that? Sure...

If you put an 8 team playoff then you make it like the NFL where regular season matches don't mean quite as much. So if a rematch were to occur after a playoff then so be it, obviously both teams earned it. With the system we have now multiple teams can earn it and still be left out, such as the case with OSU.

Seriously don't be stupid you already knew this, stop making bad arguments.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Personally, I'd go 16 like the FCS, but that sounds way better than the current system. First, everyone gets a chance. I can't think of another sport where there are teams out there that don't have a chance to win, regardless of what they do with their games. ...and then you've got teams like Auburn a few years back that didn't get a shot at the championship because they lost a few games the previous year. You'd also have a lot more "huge" games throughout the year.

5. M3gatitan

M3gatitan Camp Fodder

My biggest argument about why OSU should go instead of bama, is bama's schedule strength, bama, only played 1 top ten ranked team, which, was at home, and which they lost. while Lsu and OSu both had to play for their divisonal championship, bama gets to sit at home, and say, well lets get ready for the National championship game, this disgusts me, and not to mention the fact that OSU has a stronger schedule and won both their games against top ten opponents.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No you are stupid because the BCS championship game is also a post season playoff game.

Every game matters because a loss can keep you out of the playoffs.

What team probably comes out of the 2nd bracket genius? You wouldn't like the results no matter what the format.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

WTF are you talking about? So if Bama and Auburn scheduled their game for december 15th you would feel better? Who cares who plays last? OSU wasn't in a conference championship game either they just scheduled the game later.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yep we should go back to pre-BCS where there are just Bowl Games and no championship. :rolleyes:

I have never in my life heard as much crying about a topic from Michigan,Ohio State,Boise State fans in my life.

"The SEC: Causing butthurt nationwide"

9. M3gatitan

M3gatitan Camp Fodder

Actually they were in a confrence championship game, and they won 44-10
    know what your talking about before you start to argue

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The SEC wanted and proposed a playoff in 2008.

The pu***s from the Big10,Big12,PAC,Big East didn't want one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar