NCAA Football is an absolute joke.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

There's about 3 of them Hoffa, I know most don't act completely oblivious ;)

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

You know what's funny. Everyone keeps saying all OSU had to do was not lose to Iowa St and they'd be playing LSU. If OSU had lost at home to Kansas St. who's now #8, which is ranking wise the best team they beat, I'll bet they still wouldn't have gotten in. Basically OSU had to go undefeated. Any loss whether it be to Iowa St. or Kansas St. would have cost them a shot. Basically, as I said, Bama was allowed to lose but nobody else was. Pathetic.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I speak all syllables. Hardly qualify as a southerner.

4. Deuce Wayne

Exactly. That's just their cop-out. "Iowa St". A game that went to double OT... a game that was a complete fluke.

Does anyone actually look at this in other leagues? What if we had the BCS in the NFL?

The Cowboys lost to the Cardinals today. How many of you think the Cowboys are worse than the Cardinals?

The Rams beat the red hot Saints a few weeks back. So if the BCS were implemented- the Saints wouldn't be a Super Bowl contender because they lost to a terrible team?...

See how stupid that is?

The BCS is flawed. Clearly. Teams have off weeks. Happens. It's a long season.

With the BCS in other sports Buster Douglas could have never fought Mike Tyson. Villanova would have never been able to play Georgetown in the 80s.

This is as stupid as when the US beat Canada in hockey a couple years ago- then rematched and Canada wins. So Canada gets the gold?

5. Deuce Wayne

Urban Meyer on the "rematch" scenario between Michigan and Ohio State in 2006:

"If that does happen, all the [university] presidents need to get together immediately and put together a playoff system," he said. "I mean like now, January or whenever to get that done."

Hmm...

Somehow he's fine with an LSU/Alabama rematch though.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I don't understand why they just don't do a playoff system, I'm not huge on college football but it seems like it would make a lot more sense.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Eddy agreeing with Dunce again. I told you about that buddy, you won't listen.

From a fans perspective i can see how they are disappointed. They would like to see LSU play a different team and a different type of team.

OSU certainly had the kind of season that makes them worthy.

Problem is the moronic pro sec conspiracy theories. The SEC teams that have played in the BCS in the past have certainly demonstrated they are worthy because they have won 5 straight titles.

I guess that's the difference between myself and Dunce. I'm a Bama fan but if Bama was left out and ranked 3rd i would accept it. OSU and Bama are equally worthy!

But Dunce who is not even an OSU fan has to cry like a little b***h over the issue.

As i said even if you had an 8 team playoff there are going to be teams ranked 9th and 10th with the same record as teams ranked 8th and 7th and people will cry foul.

There is no reason why the SEC would not want a 4 or 8 team playoff they would often have 3 sometimes even 4 teams in an 8 team playoff format.

Mich ST tied for the big ten title last year and played for the title this year. Bama used them like a sex toy in the bowl. So fine bring on a mother f*****g playoff! Bama would own all these other teams!

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/polls/bcs/

What an 8 team playoff would look like.

Bracket 1

1.1.LSU vs 8.Kansas St. (Oh my god)

4.4.Stanford vs 5.Oregon(Not fair conference rematch! We already saw this one!!!)

Bracket 2

2.Bama vs 7.Boise St

3.Oklahoma St vs 6.Arkansas

So tell me genius whiners who comes out of the 2nd bracket. Not another sec team? What if Oregon beats Stanford? Does LSU get an automatic? They already beat Oregon!

Consider yourselves destroyed!

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Alabama #2 in the BCS championship game is payback for 1966.

In 1966 Michigan St and Notre Dame tied. ND actually played for the damn tie because they didn't go to bowl games back then! Mich ST goes on to LOSE to UCLA in the rose bowl.

In the meantime Alabama was unbeaten and untied and beat Nebraska in the orange bowl.

So why did Alabama not win the national title? They were discriminated against because they were a southern team!

FYI bowl games didn't count in the national polls either back then.

So you think the current system sucks?

Bama #2 is payback for a major injustice so bite me!

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

The system is broke yet "better" than what we had with just bowl games...barely. Did OSU deserve to go? Absolutely. Does Bama? Absolutely. Can't win this arguement. I would suspect that the line of a Bama/OSU would decidedly be in Bama's favor? We need in the very least a plus 1 game. I know Big 12 was one of the "holdouts" when it came to any playoff, so maybe this changes their tune. There are no conspiracies, just a messed up system. I'm no Bama fan, but if they beat LSU (which could easily happen) it would really screw things up...maybe for the best.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar