NCAA Basketball

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you sir are clearly unaware of the facts

0:15 mark

the Xavier guy was not facing the Yancy 'the Bearcat suckerpuncher' Gates. YG took a step and laid the kids eye open. And one of those poor Bearcats proceded to kick the kid while he was on the floor. Whoever that was needs too be on the street with Gates

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ok here's a rule for all doofy looking white-guys worldwide...

If a fight breaks out- don't get near it.

Guys are just waiting for the opportunity to drop some big white guy like a sack of potatoes for some reason.

By the way- that punch was nice. To come from up and over and still pack that much power? Frise is a G. Should probably just go join MMA like all other failed athletes do.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

They took down the video from Cincy bench angle. He was looking sideways because he turned sideways to draw back and try to knock a hole in someone's head.

Of course, from your perspective, Frease would have been on the street 2 years ago when he headbutted a Cincy player.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

if he did that then I agree

Those scholarships are SUPPOSED to be for student athletes. As a Vol fan I have lost all paitence in thugs with scholarships. Get them out of the universities and let them dominate at the Y

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I get what you are saying, but I played ball. I was a 130 lb white kid, good two parent family, volunteer in the community, graduated high school with a 3.94 on a 4.0 scale, graduated college magna cum laude, never in any sort of trouble, never had a fight in my life, and I found myself in the middle of a fight like this...

I ended up covering a guy a foot taller than me on a pick and roll and didn't want to give up any easy basket, so I tried to foul, but I was so much shorter than I ended up undercutting him. I ended up cornered by 2 bigger guys swinging at me. I kicked one as hard as I could in the knee and catching him with a right as he was going down. A teammate laid out the other guy from behind.

Fights happen. Suspend them a couple of games or whatever and move on.
    If they are getting in trouble off the court or not going to class, then that is a different issue...

6. Deuce Wayne

I agree these things happen- and it's funny that they always make it a bigger issue in basketball. (believe racism still isnt an issue?)

Baseball fights = no problem. Football fights = Meh. Hockey fights = encouraged.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I really dont recall the last time a baseball player actually connected in a fight. Usually there is a take down and a whole lot of hugging.

Football and Hockey wear helmets

8. Deuce Wayne

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYhCEmoRPkM&feature=related"]A-Rod & Varitek Fight - YouTube[/ame]

How the commentators go about it- totally different. "A-Rod and Varitek Going at it!" like they're happy to see it haha.

And hockey player's helmets don't help punches to the face.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

hockey fights are real, but still almost as orchrestrated as rasslin'

There is a protocol too it.

that is exactly what a typical baseball fight looks like. What are you saying? There was nothing close to the suckerpunch Gates dropped on that Xavier kid

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If the NBA allowed fighting, I MIGHT watch it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar