NBA thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Gunny, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Lets go Cavs! Cant wait for the new season!

2. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

I think Phil Jackson will be back and the Lakers will find a way to re-sign both Odom and Ariza. Odom has already said that he will take less money to stay with the Lakers and I don't think Ariza will get as much as people think he will. I hope the can re-sign Shannon Brown too, but it probably won't take much for that.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i don't see a reason as to why jackson would come back. he's got ten rings, has a chance to go out on top and can barely stand up during timeouts.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

yeah Phil needs to retire.

10 rings, coached 2 of the NBA's greatest players of all time.

go out with the win, And nobody will be able to question him.

If he comes back and has to retire on a busted season he will have a lot of people saying how he should have retired. Better off to avoid all that BS and go out on top.

5. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

Based on Phil's recent interviews I'd be shocked if he retired.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

As a Lakers fan- I pray to God that he DOES retire. The team finally playing well doesn't make me forget how terrible of a coach he is.
    A great guy? Great motivator? Absolutely. Great coach? No. Not even close.

I love when the reporter asked Fisher after they won why Phil is such a great coach- and Fisher looked like he couldn't think of anything at all to compliment his coaching. Probably because Kobe is more of the coach. But he did say "well, he just let's us play..." yep. Because that's what great coaches do. Forget strategy- when you have the most talent in the NBA for 12 years, you don't have to coach to win 10 titles.

I like the guy, but please leave. Tired of being aggravated watching the Lakers struggle with crappy teams due to no strategy or simply playing the worst players possible.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

not sure on how great of a guy he is. He's a good manipulator. He's good at complaining about refs. But I agree that he has been very fortunate to have had the players he had.

8. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

Phil Jackson is the greatest coach in NBA history. Who was better?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

10. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

Auerbach had more hall of fame players on his team than Phil did on his championship teams. Phil has more than double the amount of playoff wins. A player took over for Red after he retired and won 2 more championships with that team. People say Phil is overrated because of the great teams he had but Auerbach's teams were easily the best in the league when he coached and there were less teams in the league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar