NBA Preview

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Playmaker, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Seems just like yesterday we were talking about the Finals. Now the season is about to start again. I don't think the C's are going to repeat. I like how the Cavs have upgraded at PG. Pistons don't have a chance. I think the Heat could make the playoffs this year. Wade was great in the Olympics and he has Marion and Beasley along side of him. The Lakers are going to have Byrum back and healthy. My pick would probaly be the Rockets to win it all this year. The Grizzlies are a few years away but look at this line up.

PG: Mike Conley
    SG: O.J. Mayo
    SF: Rudy Gay
    PF: Darrell Arthur
    C: Marc Gasol

Kyle Lowry
    Javaris Crittenton
    Antoine Walker
    Hakim Warrick
    Darko Milic

The Blazers should make a push with Oden back. Then they drafted Bayless. The Hornets and Jazz will hang around as they usually do. I think the Spurs are done also. Them and the Pistons need to rebuild. Again, I just don't think the C's can get it done. The Big 3 are a year older and someone needs to emerge off the bench. The Hawks might move above the 8 seed this year. They did lose Childress though. So my prediction is:

Lakers vs Rockets
    Celtics vs Cavaliers

Rockets vs Cavs

Winner: Rockets

2. The Playmaker

Changed my mind going with the Lakers.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Sucks that the Wizards will AGAIN be without Arenas for awhile but hopefully he can play the majority of the year unlike last. Haywood is out for 4-6 months but that's not a problem, he sucked anyway. JaVale McGee seems like a much better center anyway. In his two pre season games he's shown a lot of promise. Antwan Jamison also got hurt but it doesn't seem serious at all, last I heard he wont miss any regular season time.

I also found it funny (even if it was just pre season) that the Wizards beat Memphis without their 3 best players.

4. The Playmaker

How long is pre-season? A month?

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I like the way you're thinking.

I'm a rockets fan, and I'm picking the Rockets too. This team is deep. The 11 and 12 man respectively, Brent Barry and Steve Francis.

Yao/Dorsey
    Scola/Landry/Harris
    Artest/Battier/Barry
    McGrady/Head/Francis/Wafer
    Alston/Brooks/Strawberry

Rockets vs. Celtics
    Rockets.

6. The Playmaker

Yeah the Rockets are deep. T-Mac and Yao have to stay healthy though.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Rockets can get all the talent they want - they'll still play like the Knicks in the playoffs.
    Plus, they're simply outmatched in the west with the Lakers and Hornets.

All that needs to happen for the lakers is Kobe, Bynum, and Gasol to stay healthy, and it's parade time at the end of the year.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

You hosed us on the Rudy Gay trade. Battier has been serviceable and we like him, but Gay is fierce. The Grizzlies moved on from Gasol and are putting a team on the floor people will be willing to watch. Mayo being the most interesting. Should be an interesting year for the Grizz.

9. The Playmaker

Oh next year is going to be awesome. When we get some more experience with these guys we'll be dangerous. Marc Gasol looked very good in the Olympics so that gives me hope. Grizz have 2 top 3 drafted guards in the backcourt this year! Both Conley and Mayo were the 3rd pick. Rudy Gay will be a top 15 NBA player soon. He just needs to shoot better 3's. Arthur was also a 1st round pick. Future is looking bright.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I am excited to see the impact that Oden can make.

I am a Cavs fan, but I am interested to see what kind of impact Mo Williams will have with Lebron. So far the people that we have brought in have under acheived IMO. I really like Gibson. Alot. Wallace is a good banger, but I would prefer someone who Lebron can dump it to and they will actually make the lay up. But it is the East......anything is possible again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar