NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

They were touch fouls. The only legit one was where CP pushed Bowen (though in San Antonio fashion he throws himself across the floor).
    And that had the biggest impact. Even with the spurs not missing, the Hornets were gaining momentum and cut the lead to 5 (i think?). As soon as it looked like the Spurs were in trouble here come all the whistles. One right after another. It was so blatantly obvious that it was sad. First time I've turned my tv off early during a game in a long time. I knew at that point, just like all the Hornets players did, that nomatter what they did the refs had already decided who was going to win that game.

People are expecting game 7s to be more lenient. That's BS. The refs shouldn't have to pull back in a certain game to make it fair.
    They need to install a flop rule just like the technical foul rule. Once you reach 100 unnecessary flops, you're suspended. Ginobli, Bowen, and Parker would be suspended by week 3.

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

David west's shooting foul on duncan was a clear foul and so was david west's charge on duncan. Out of the 5 fouls, there were 3 that were without a doubt fouls called 100% of the time. And it's not like the spurs gained a lot of momentum off the fouls. It was the 10-2 run over the last 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter. Can you blame the officials on the hornets scoring 2 points? you are aware the hornets scored only 2 points over a 9 minute period from the 3rd quarter into the 4th quarter? But yea those calls are what lost the game for them. And san antonio had no bad calls go against them, they never do because the nba loves losing fans. How fun is it for you to watch some of the most talented athletes in the world compete at their support and you think that they have no control over it?

3. Deuce Wayne

Only scored 2 points? The Hornets were on a run at the time with the Spurs being the ones reeling. And the refs took the momentum, and threw it away.
    Because the Hornets knew. They knew it was decided. You could tell by looking at all of them. The Spurs played well, but even at the times they didn't, the refs picked up their slack.

4. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I was referring to the 2 points they scored from about 6 minutes left in the third till 9 minutes left in the 4th. They also didn't score a basket from 4:45 left in the 3rd till 9:08 left in the 4th. And this amazing run they were on before the fouls was a 4-2 run to start the 2nd half. They were only down 7 at half and they cut it to 5. Man, that was a huge run they were putting together. I bet if it weren't for those fouls they would have scored on their next 10 possessions. Did you happen to turn off the game at halftime?

5. Deuce Wayne

They were down 10 or 12 before cutting it to 5. lmao They had the momentum. Things were starting to play out like they should rather than the spurs just being completely lucky on every shot.

Yeah, I turned it off at halftime. Hornets quit playing, knowing the result. So I quit watching, knowing the result.

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

They cut the lead down to 5 with like 6 minutes left in the 1st half. They weren't on their run when the fouls started getting called. I understand they were down big then got back into the game then the spurs started blowing them out late in the 3rd quarter. All of this really doesn't matter since you didn't even watch the 2nd half. I mean apparently new orleans didn't earn any of those fouls and they only had 19 for the game. I guess they should have only had about 12 fouls in the game, that's realistic. You don't even need to watch the game tomorrow since i'm sure the league has already decided they want the spurs to win.

7. Deuce Wayne

No. It's game 7, where they actually let talent decide! All the money's been made.

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Why doesn't the NBA just make every series go 7 games? Would that look to suspicious? You would think with all the hype surrounding suns-spurs they would have at least scheduled it to go 6 or 7. I just wish maybe they would schedule there fixing of games a little better. Were the spurs actually better than phoenix or was it the league that let them by? I'm really just trying to understand how this process works, apparently I was ignorant to all this stuff that you have inside information on.

9. Deuce Wayne

They tried to make every series go 7 games this time. Have you been watching??
    Tell you what. Join a betting forum. You'll be a believer within a month, I guarantee it. Watch the games with people that study it, take notes of odd things that happen, and you'll believe.
    It's rigged. Not saying that it always works, and that they will try their hardest to dictate the outcomes, but they do enough.

10. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I've actually done quite a bit of sports betting myself. The problem with trusting gamblers is whenever they lose they feel its rigged. I'm guilty of it also. I lost a lot of money on the steelers-seahawks superbowl a few years ago and I believed the game was rigged because of all the terrible calls in that game. Whenever you have any towards of bias towards either team you often think that the games rigged if your team loses. And I mean you can list examples of when it seems rigged but 95% of the time the better team typically wins basketball series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar