Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 19, 2008.
LeBroom to LeChoke. Misses a lay up to end the series.
Gunny. I applaud the choking Lebron reference, but whats with you getting so far ahead in these things? lol
It's 2-3 cleveland leads the series, and its going to game 6. Lebron is terrible though. He cant ever hit the game winning shot, so he tries to make game-winning layups. Problem is, he cant even hit those in clutch situations.
This is why he'll never be:
Instead, he'll just be another:
He's better than T-Mac. At least Lebron has gotten out of the first round. But he's not Kobe that's for sure. Kobe is the clutchest (is that a word?) in the league.
True. But the best players with the ball in the last second would include T-mac. He can get any shot he wants. I'd rank them like this in terms of who you want taking a clutch shot.
1. Kobe - Pretty much gets any shot he wants, and makes them. Clutch.
2. Wade - Can get any shot he wants, and usually makes them
3. T-Mac - 13 points in 30 seconds against the Spurs is all you need to know.
4. Nash - Makes every shot he takes if he can get open. Very much like Stockton. But needs to look for shot more.
5. Duncan - Clutch shooter, almost always gets a shot. But sometimes has to give it up.
6. Lebron - He can get any shot, he just might not make it. Used to be reluctant, but seems to have overcome that.
7. Garnett - Gets his shot, and space rises up, but inconsistent
8. Paul - Unproven, but I got to consider him here already
9. Deron Williams - So strong he can get a layup on smaller guards. No deep shot tho.
10. Ginobli - Craft little dude. Willing to take it. But defers to Duncan.
11. Baron Davis - Like Deron, so strong, and can rise up. Some inconsistency.
12. Iverson - So quick, but will he make the shot, you never know.
13. Robert Horry - Not much more you can say, but too old to see the court.
Dirk - He has no moves whatsoever. But is a great shooter when open.
Yao - If he gets position, he won't be blocked. Good shooter. But may not get position.
Billups - Pretty good, but doesn't look for the shot all the time
Boozer - Very Strong, can get to the hole, but his high arching shot is inconsistent.
I always prefer it when it doesn't come down to the last possesion. Unless the other team has the ball in which case i back the Pistons to stop them 80% of the time.
Don't forget Gilbert Arenas on the clutch factor. He might be the best lately.
Cleveland would have advanced if he got the lay-up.
T-Mac might not be clutch, but remember when he scored those 20 points in like 90 seconds? That was amazing.
Phi lost all credibility when Arenas didn't even make the bubble clutch shooters, let alone the Top 15...
Caron got to LeBron on that lay-up. He whispered to him, 'Miss this shot, make it interesting and let's take this thing back to D.C.' This, after Lebron said there was no way that the series would go back to Wash.
Even if we lose this series, just proving that Lebron is still haunted by those who would even question his "legacy".
If the West stays as strong as it has these past few years. LeBron will not win a Championship. He will forever be questioned.
phislamma, you must not watch enough spurs basketball if you think duncan is more clutch than ginobili. Ginobili gets the ball every possession in the last 3 or 4 minutes of a close game. I think duncans clutch and so is parker really, but if popovich wanted one guy to take a game winning shot it would be ginobili in a second.
Separate names with a comma.