NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Shooting 50%?? When? For ONE night? lol Like I said, the guy can't even crack 40% in the playoffs so far, and he's mostly a layup getting cherry-picker.

2. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Game is about to start! Go team Kobe. Is there anything worse than having to watch the Spurs play? Ugh. The most boring team in the league. Kobe needs to put this team to sleep. Shut them down for good.

3. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

Gloat, who do you think is going to cover Duncan? At least SA has a 1st team all Defense guy to put on Kobe. Duncan will go off or get double teamed and dump off to wide open shooters all series--you better pray they are missing.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Most boring yes. But the best nonetheless.

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1015

here you go buddy, it shows he's 50.5% for the playoffs. I can't tell if you're kidding or serious.

6. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

San Antonio got hosed on the out of bounds call, and Ginobli getting tackled with 2 arms at the end. I guess gloat can't claim the NBA conspiracy theory in favor of the spurs. The officials hosed them in the last 2 minutes.

7. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Gloat, you were definitely right there were mismatches all over the floor for the lakers. Gasol dominated duncan, fisher dominated parker and the la bench was unstoppable. Actually none of that is true. The spurs actually are the ones with the favorable matchups the difference is kobe. There's no question he carries the team most of the time which is why I don't really understand you thinking the surrounding players are amazing. I look for this to be a great series and if you're right about the conspiracy theory thing I saw a little bit of it tonight. There were 2 atrocious calls going against the spurs in the last minute of the game. Ginobili does flop but when I can see his jersey ripping he doesn't have to do much acting.

8. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Goodbye Spurs.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Lakers played their worst and the Spurs still couldn't even finish. Duncan had 30 points, Kobe COASTED the entire game.
    Things I doubt:
    Duncan scores 30 again.
    Lamar Odom messes up as much as he did tonight. (though, he is Odumb, so I wouldn't be surprised.)
    Kobe waits til the 2nd half to play.
    The Lakers miss 4 dunks/layups again in 1 game EVER.

At the bar I was laughing at a Spurs fan as they went up 15. "You know Kobe's going to start shooting soon, right?" It was hilarious to see the smile disappear from his face. Unfortunately, he left right after that. But at home, I'm sure he thought about it.

Spurs get the luckiest shots i've ever seen. You block them, the ball will fall right back in to their hands. You steal the ball, it'll roll out of bounds. It's amazing. Like God exists only to help them.

- as for calls, I didn't see the 4th quarter as I had to leave. But I did see Derek Fisher get tackled during a shot - no call. Saw Odumb block Duncan and get called for a foul when he didn't even touch him. And saw (SURPRISE!) Ginobli shoving Fisher by his jersey, again like he was blocking for a running back. But in the NFL, at least he'd be called for holding.

10. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

As was said by so many when they got BLOWN OUT in games 1-2 in New Orleans, who I believe is more talented than LA. If Manu has a mediocre game, San Antonio runs away with game 1, but he couldn't make anything, and it wasn't because of good defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar