NBA Playoffs 2013

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by XO, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Meh. His game has never done anything for me. He's consistent, but that's all.

Which is probably silly to say- but that's how I feel. He's not a game changer, that's for certain.

And yeah, he's had a few lucky game winners. Over his century-long career though? Very few of them.

Being finals MVP means nothing. Well, outside of being the most popular name on the team. So many finals MVPs that never deserved it...

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Duncan: elite passer, elite footwork, elite back-to-the-basket game, elite leader, great midrange jumper and one of the greatest defensive anchors of all time.

Also his off-the-glass shot was a true work of basketball art. You being more than an casual fan, I expected you to appreciate his game more. Common man. :)

3. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Wow... Miami beat a 6 man team? Where most of those players were bench players? Who knew it took super-star collusion to accomplish such a feat?

And now they're beating a team missing one of their best players. Amazing.

4. Deuce Wayne

He just reminds of of the tall white guy at every high school. But in NBA form.

Elite footwork???

He's like the better version of Carlos Boozer to me. Same player. But is praised for it so much more.

I mean, I can't argue with his numbers. They're there. I just don't know where they come from. I can't remember ever watching a game and thinking "wow, Tim Duncan is unstoppable right now". haha

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I can't give a solid enough evaluation of Tim Duncan because I haven't watched enough NBA over the years, but he's been so consistent his entire career. He's been the anchor on that Spurs team that has won four championships since he joined the team.

The Spurs have won four championships with Duncan and zero without him. They also have not missed the playoffs one time since Duncan was drafted. I think that says it all.

He'll probably go down as the best power forward of all time. And I can't confirm or deny that since, like I said, I've never been a huge NBA guy.

There's a reason Popovich says he's leaving with Duncan does... Same reason Belichick will leave when Brady does. Popovich went 17-47 before Duncan (888-376 with Duncan). Belichick was 41-55 before Brady (146-46 with Brady).

I'm not saying Popovich and Belichick aren't great coaches, but it's the players that make coaches great. No coach can win without great players.

6. Deuce Wayne

He is extremely consistent. I think on any other team, without Popavich as his coach, he'd be merely "good" though. I just don't see him as naturally gifted/talented.

Again, his production you can't argue with. Unless it's the playoffs- where he usually stepped down every time. (going back to no competitive nature)

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I was never a Duncan fan, but he is good. He has perfected throwing up soft right handed shots while clubbing the defender with his left hand. Once you get that offensive-foul exept star status, that move is unstoppable.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Oh, and he can hit lefty shots which shoving his right forearm in your throat, too.

9. Deuce Wayne

Like Lebron's claw wrap-around push off combined with his Maurice Jones-Drew truck-stick?

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

He's "only" 6'11" which is standard size for a PF/C.

Yes, elite footwork, considering he's always been slow and couldn't jump over a phonebook, how else would he have a hall of fame career.

Same player as Carlos Boozer? That's like saying Kevin Durant is a better version of Brent Barry. You keep forgetting that half of Duncan's greatness was his ability to anchor a defense...San Antonio has always been a great defensive team without having many great defensive players.

If you were to start a franchise and could choose one PF in the history of the game to build around, name all the players you would choose over Duncan.

If he wasn't already a naturally gifted and accomplished athlete, San Antonio wouldn't have taken him with the first overall pick when they could have had Chancey Billups or Tracy McGrady.

His numbers in the playoffs are the same as his regular season's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar