NBA in Nashville?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Puck, Jul 6, 2007.

?
  1. 75% or higher

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. 50%

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. less than 50%

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. no chance in hell

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

What is your point. Of course I do. I congratulated you on supporting the Memphis showboats and the TN Titans. But I do not think you can support an nba team. Memphis is way below league average for attendance. They are falling apart at the seams despite a new uniform and arena. They didn't even sell out the home opener, and the memphis business journal mocks them.

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

so why would nashville be any different?

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

why would you do that
    Memphis and Nashville are polar opposite cities for the most part
    and neither city does much to support the other

again, apples and oranges
    you might as well be comparing Jacksonville to Miami
    noone from Nashville is driving 4+ hours to Memphis to see the Grizzlies, nor would I expect the reverse
    Nashville did a pretty good job of supporting hockey

people here are more likely to support basketball than hockey
    you can stop this Memphis talk at any time

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

if Memphis was at leagues bottom with attendence, why would Nashville be any different??? and nashville fans havent even expressed the slightest want in an NBA team.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

why would Nashville be anything remotely similar ?
    just because they're cities in the same state ?
    the two are 200+ miles apart

thats like saying that Tampa and Miami will suffer sagging attendance and blackouts just like Jacksonville - because they're all in Florida... that just doesn't make any sense

these Nashville / Memphis comparisons are unfounded
    you 2 must not realize the difference in the cities
    Memphis might as well be a territory of Arkansas
    the cities really don't get along with each other
    and the culture is quite different
    one really has nothing to do with the other

I can understand if you and PSJ don't feel that Nashville wouldn't support an NBA team....but do so with a legitimate reason. Using Memphis as an example is not a legitimate reason

My argument is, if Nashville can support professional hockey, why couldn't they support professional basketball

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Miami, Tampa, and Jaxonville are all big cities, and Football attendence and Basketball attendence are 2 different things, i think Nashville is smaller then memphis in terms of population, so why would the nba just throw another team into Tennessee, when chances are, the team wont be successful, they will go in debt right off the bat, and it would be just plain pointless.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Memphis Population: 650,100

Male: 47%
    Female: 53%

Nashville Population: 545,524

Male: 48%
    Female: 52%

Nashville is 100,000 people smaller then Memphis, they havent said they even want a NBA team, so why are we even having this discussion, there are 10 other cities a team would go to before nashville, sorry guys but thats the truth.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it is a hypothetical scenario
    hence the "no chance in hell" option

I can tell you this
    whenever the Predators leave, the Sports Council will be wanting to find a new tenant ... and I doubt it'll be hockey
    I just don't see that building empty
    Nashville might not be a big town, but it has a big draw
    there's also alot of money in Nashville

we'll see

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

dude, im promising you, for at least the next 30 years, there wont be a team in nashville.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Memphis is closer to nashville than Atlanta is. That being said, more people travel from Nashville to Atlanta than from Nashville to Memphis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar