Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

NBA in Nashville?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Puck, Jul 6, 2007.

?

What are tha chances that an NBA team relocates or expands to Nashville

75% or higher 1 vote(s) 7.1%
50% 2 vote(s) 14.3%
less than 50% 3 vote(s) 21.4%
no chance in hell 8 vote(s) 57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    just a thought

with the exit of the Preds looming, youd think that a new tenant would be high on the list of things to do

I've always thought basketball would fare better than hockey here, and I caught some talk discussing an NBA team looking to relocate

doing a little research, I found a site listing Nashville as a Top 10 city to either relocate or expand an NBA team to

I'll post a poll on the chances of this happening
  2. BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Moolah:
    $2
    I really doubt that it happens, but it would be sick if there was an NBA team in Nashville. Even though i've grown to like hockey, I have to say that i'm a much bigger basketball fan.
  3. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    how would the Nashville SuperSonics sound ?

yeah, I'd go see Kevin Durant
  4. Crash Override inVINCEable

Moolah:
    $0
    I doubt it but anything could happen.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,356
    Las Vegas will get a team before Nashville
  5. BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Moolah:
    $2
    You really think that David Stern will allow a team to go to Las Vegas after the debacle that was All-Star Weekend? They don't even have a proper building to host a team for 41 games a year.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,356
    What debacle was that?
  6. BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Moolah:
    $2
    Maybe debacle was a strong word, but if you read articles on it, it seemed like it wasn't the safest place in town to be. Although a lot of that can probably be contributed to the fact that it was the All-Star Game in town. I doubt that there would be that much buzz around just a regular team. Also, there was a little incident involving a certain cornerback.
  7. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    I read an article stating Stern would not allow a team to be in Vegas as long as betting was open on NBA games

furthermore, there isn't a venue appropriate for the NBA in Vegas - or Oklahoma City for that matter

there is here
  8. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $21
    It just doesn't even sound like an NBA town. I will give you credit for supporting those memphis showboats, and the Titans, but nba might be a bit of a stretch for TN.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.